1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Dec 4, 2022.

1. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    He is their best WR and they failed to get him the ball... Every team in the NFL seems to be able to get their play maker the ball but not the Steelers... If you ask me he is acting like a pro, so just get him the ****ing ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Could you see a Nick Saban player acting like that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't mind a quick outburst. Hell, I had a moment or two when I briefly lost my temper at work when I was younger and my job isn't nearly as emotional as what he's doing. My problem is that he continued to pout after he had time to calm down. I don't think that was professional at all, but I do get what you are saying.

I don't think they should be worrying about getting any one player the ball. They seemed to find some room to attack the Falcons over the middle. I would have liked to see them use Pickens there. They seem to use him mostly on the sideline.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Pickens was never as open as he was claiming.
    Some of the stuff I heard was not good coming from him.
    I liked that the vets came over and spoke with him.
    Let's call it a 'learning curve' and I like his competitiveness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I should have stated after Hines Ward, Hell #7 would go to #19 even over Mr. Big chest in the clutch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I would like to see some of these Prima Donas play QB in the NFL
    and also try to follow their OC directive. They couldn't do it. Their too stupid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    nope - it is fostered, groomed, coddled. they better BREAK HIM now.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    with Pickens, he may always be raw. He runs awkwardly, he is a monster. THROW HIM THE BALL. He can beat almost anyone 1:1. Get him the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    That's right, he would confront this prima dona, and set him down awhile. There is no I in team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will. As you said - he's a rookie.

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    the last 3 sb champs all had number 1 Wrs and it’s no way they win those without them. Hell the best wr in nfl statistically last yr was sb mvp…

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He shouldn’t have voiced it publicly but he ain’t lying.

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Pickens should have been targeted more then once, I could see why he was frustrated. In talking with someone who watched him close at Georgia for 4 years also said that it was just a matter of time for him to act like that. Let's see if this continues to be a problem. But the QB and DC should get him more involved then they did.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup in the end zone not before the game. Get a TD you deserve to dance around

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone notice Cam talking to George on sidelines ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Bengals are real deal, they beat Chiefs again. Burrows, Chase, Higgins, Mixon...how do Steelers match on offense scoring. A focus on running is good, unless you are down by several TDs in the 4th quarter due to their nature of long time consuming drives

17. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Yes, and a video of it also.

18. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I would sit him the first half of next game and tell him next time he acts like a fool on the sideline, he will be suspended for 4 games without pay for actions detrimental to the team. Dealt with this crap from a star and it blew up in faces. Not dealing with it from average rookie.

• Like Like x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The Steelers not only moved the ball on offense but also won the game. If Pickens is non existent in a loss, I'll get my panties in a bunch then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    :facepalm:

He's a Rook, nothing more, nothing less.

21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to see a guy get Angry on the sidelines or Pout.

But, when you get as many targets in the game as Jalen Warren you should be mad.

I'm going to go a limb and say he had a lot of friends and family at the game being a Georgia guy and when you get no looks you gonna get really mad.

But, its often a terrible look when your winning the ball game and do it.

Won't be the first or last time you see a WR get mad for not getting the ball thrown his way.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can't talk to Me like that. LoL.
    Have You forgotten all the stuff You have argued with Me about before the season....only to be wrong about. Let's list them.
    Lamar Jackson
    J. Burrow
    The Bengals
    This one We had a bet on
    R. Wilson going to the Broncos would not help them.....I believe the bet was .....everything I say .....You have to agree with, and say I'm correct.
    So go ahead ,and get started.....I school You....You respond....You are correct. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lamar jackson and the ravens are currently leading the afc west. What was I wrong about in regards with them and what were you right about?

Joe burrow and the bengals haven't done anything yet. The season isn't over and they're right where i had them. I had them 2nd once I found out deshaun Watson was going to miss 11 games.

You were right for now on russell Wilson. But it's not all because of him. They don't have a head coach. I didn't expect Hackett to be this bad. And he's there for another what 3 plus yrs? One season isn't what's going to validate that move. After the conclusion of his contract then we can revisit this.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You lost a bet....So Now I need to hear ....You were right .....I was wrong.....
    I don't need excuses of why something happened....it has happened....that's all.
    You kept saying Burrow, and Bengals were lucky, and wouldn't make the playoffs this year....., and the bet was R. Wilson wouldn't be enough to help the Broncos this year.....which You lost.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This :this!:

• Like Like x 1