1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickens traded to

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Apr 9, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

you are the band leader, THAT is for sure!

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    With the minimum wage for unskilled entry level fast food workers in California now set at $20/hr, the price of Happy Meals and green font ink has just skyrocketed. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    everyone should have known that was fake no one cheering or panicking about what Steelers should do about wr

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    When I did it a few years back I did it on April 1st and my title was Mike Tomlin retiring.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey, we have 15.00 minimum wage in my State and it's making things really expensive. Funny thing is a lot of my retired friends want to make some side money but that high wage messes with their SS wages. They ask for a set amount of hours but the young tend to not show up so they get called in. When I first retired I went to a Dollar store to work what I hoped was 15-20 hours a week. I kid you not when I say I got called everyday with them begging me to come in since the younger people just can't show up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I think the reason this worked is its out of character for you. Good one!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No it does not mess with your ssa/ I am allowed to make 22K per year if over 22K repercussions until I reach my full retirement age, mine is 67.5 . Then I can make over 22k with out repercussions.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So it messes with their ss benefits

9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe, but if their of full retirement age they should be able to make
    Whatever they want to unless their very wealthy. I believe Steel Machine is older than I am.

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep, my sister and her husband waited until full SS and kept working. A RN and a Schoolteacher (Jersey schoolteachers are well paid) They had huge income for about 3 years and then both retired.

I on the other hand took SS at 62 as did most my golf friends and we are limited to what we can make.

This may or may not be helpful to you. We have a SS office 5 miles from us. Wife went in to sign up for Medicare. She was going to wait for full SS but the guy showed us a chart for her and if she waited for the bigger check she'd have to live to 83 (which is possible) for it to pay off. She took SS that very day and I'm so glad. If one spouse dies they give you the higher SS check. Wife made good $$ and her SS higher then mine so I sure was happy about that if she goes before me. Just some food for thought if you have a SS office around they will do chart for you.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I am right with you.

• Like Like x 2