1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

pick by pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Apr 27, 2013.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i took a look at each pick and come to a few conclusions

rd 1 jarvis jones was a no brainer. he was one of the top players in the draft. a flat out stud

rd 2 le'veon bell the bengals grabbed a rb and when you look at the teams after our pick we probably thought he wouldnt be there. the broncos took one and packers did. if he was indeed our top back no way he is there in the third. if he catches the ball as good as they say i am sure broncos and packers would like him

rd 3 markus wheaton i have to admit i didnt see alot of him but the more i do and read i love the pick. i think there were 5 wr taken between our 2nd and 3rd pick. so if we liked him we had to take him

rd4 shemarko thomas this seems to be a popular pick so i guess that is why we traded up to get him. he seems like a good player and worth a 3rd next year. i have heard nobody complain about it so i will leave it at that.

rd4 landry jones cant say much. i knew we would take a qb. i am just glad its not bray. by the way i hope everyone who was saying he was not that bad notice he went undrafted

rd5 terry hawthorne dude can hit i know that. there had been a run on cb. 4 in the first part of rd 5 before us so i guess if we wanted him we had to pull trigger here. not sure where he was projected

rd 6 justin brown a buddy of mine said he was good this year. apparently he is a great blocker. he lead on alot of wr screens that okl runs. he has good hands but i would bet the blocking sold us

rd 6 vince williams i love it. this kid is mean. he hits like a truck. not sure he can cover but against the run he is a beast. we needed help there and i think he will

rd 7 nick williams kid looks the part but apparently is like mclendon. he is a few years away but mitchell loves him

overall i love the players. i think 7 of them make the 53 man roster and 4 contribute this year

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    THe Justin Brown pick really had me puzzled. There were a couple of decent oline prospects still available there as well as Rambo. I know Rambo failed a drug test, just don't really care about a college kid smoking weed. It seems there was a lot of upside there with him.