1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pick 15 and Evans and Dennard are available, who ya taking?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Badboy212, Apr 7, 2014.

1. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i would jump into pittsburgh 3 rivers , directley from my house in italy , with the bird on my shoulder

:matrix:

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think van noy could play ILB or OLB in our defense. maybe better than anyone we have on the right side.

you can't tell me gilberts coverage skills are so much better than guys that can support the run too. why not get both? we have been one of the top defenses in the league for a decade at least, so whatever they are doing must be working as our scouts evaluate CB's. they can't help if players get injured or old. that doesn't mean they were bad picks.

if we are just picking a player to just run deep with a receiver, than we are in serious trouble anyway. there are other numbers that support similar quickness and mirror ability in the short field. I guess I just don't understand the thinking of drafting a more one dimensional player at corner, when guys with the same speed and coverage skills and a run support upgrade would be left on the board. especially since that's something the team has always coveted. I guess we agree to disagree on this one.:cool:

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Gilbert grades out extremely high due to the following factors:

1. Speed - 4.37. You got it or you don't. I know you love Fuller, but there is a big difference between 4.37 and 4.49.
    2. Size - 6'0 200lbs with 33"+ arms. Fuller is close, but 10 lbs lighter is significant.
    3. Strength - 20- reps for Gilbert vs 12 for Fuller. When it comes time to outmuscle a WR for a 50-50 ball, I'm putting my money on Gilbert
    4. Ability to change a game - Gilbert, 12 INTs for 180 ret yards, and 2 TDs, 2 FF + he had 6 return TDs. Fuller, 6 INTs for 10 yards, 0 TDs and 4 FF.

Don't get me wrong - I like Fuller and Roby as Steelers. They fit our scheme well. They are both good blitzers with a nose to make a play in the backfield. I just think #15 is probably a little high for both though.

I just think from a physical standpoint, if Gilbert is there at #15, he is just way too good to pass up.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope not.

6. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    im with you on this one :applaud: