1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pick 15 and Evans and Dennard are available, who ya taking?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Badboy212, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    With a real possibility, Evans and Dennard will be available when we pick our 1st pick, the question becomes, who do you take? Evans is a beast, and at 6'5 is exactly what Ben and this team needs. A WR who would demand double teaming and free up AB all day. Then Dennard, who, on some boards is the best cover DB in the draft, and we all know how bad the secondary looks on paper with Ike, Gay, and whoever else fits the Nickel Nd Dime sets. My pick- Dennard. Personally, there will be lots of WR talent in the 2nd round, although none with Evans skill set, its hard to pass over a legitimate shutdown/cover DB. What say you.....

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    evans running to the podium

3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I would pick Dennard and it isn't even close in my mind. You have to go with the best football player between the two. and it has to be Dennard in my mind. I think Evans is overrated and Dennard is the best CB in the draft, simple as that. I understand you all might have a different opinion than mine in that regard though haha

I'd feel a LOT better with Dennard and Moncrief than I would with Evans and any CB not named Gilbert, Dennard, Roby or Fuller (we would need some serious luck for any of these to be available at our pick in round 2).

4. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Without a dobut I pick Evans, he would be an awesome new weapon for the Offense, which will need to score a lot of points this year. Although I don't think Evans goes past #10.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree 100%. I think Evans is going to struggle. Dennard all the way.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    anyway evans should be off the board while dennard could be available , i hope you are right , how they will adapt to nfl is always a question mark

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would take Evans not that impressed by Dennard he's nothing special.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the big problem is that i don't see any sure players possible available at 15 , i hope somebody fall if not the better option could be trade down (if we find a partner)

9. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I hope our 15th pick is a CB...but if Evans slips, he'd be my choice.

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Honestly, I don't think it matters. I would pick Evans, but Dennard I think will be a good player as well. The draft IMO is pretty deep at both positions. With guys like Purifoy and Desir probably available in rounds 3 and 4 and guys like Robinson and Coleman and Bryant and Matthews available in rounds 2 and 3. There is talent to be had at those positions later in the draft. I would have a hard time passing on Evans, but I like Benjamin alot as well, but would prefer to get him later on in the draft, even if it is a later first rounder. Maybe Cleveland would be willing to move up and get their QB at our pick with us taking their late first and a 3rd? I could see us doing this.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

blast , if both gilbert and dennard are there who you pick?

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    First situation, Evans, hands down.

And Freak, damned, thats hard, but Gilbert will fit better in our D, IMHO.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Gilbert for me.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Gilbert. Even took him in the fantasy draft we have going on :thumbs_up:

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If both Evans and Dennard are there at #15, the phone should be ringing.... and I'm answering with a great big "the Steelers are open for business; let's make a deal"

16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    dennard without a doubt. evans is not nfl ready unless all you want to do is send him deep or let ben run around for 6 seconds and get him open. he cant run routes

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I like Evans, he looks like he could be something special... When he is in the open field running with the ball he is really dangerous, dare I say just like #86 was.

We probably need a CB more than a WR and this point though.

18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Evans all day...I pick corners and safeties every year...early and often...and the Steelers never do...this year I think there is little difference between the top ten corners in the draft...I think Evans can be a Megatron like wr ..and a difference maker.

Give me the guy that is going to touch the ball 6 times a game..and score 10 tds....vs the guy I hope touches it
    6 times in a year..and scores 1

Hack

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    For me, the question is less about who the best player of the two is, and more who the best guy behind them is. If we can pick up a stronger WR than DB lower down the draft, then you go with Dennard. If the drop off between Evans and the next WR is significant, you go with Evans.

So in short, the answer is Dennard.

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Evans - And it isn't even close.

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am with you a 6'5 WR with very good production or a slightly above average Boundary CB...I would steam roll the commish on my way to turn in my pick....

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Benjamin-fuller, Benjamin-roby, fuller-moncrief, fuller-roby, fuller-van noy-Bryant, Benjamin-van noy- Watkins, cooks-roby, gilbert-fuller-Bryant, gilbert-van noy- fiedorowicz- street, roby,moncrief,fiedorowicz........... many other scenarios besides those two for me. I could live with dennard, but not my favorite. evans I just don't care for and think there are guys that will be better in time. too much pushing off in his game that won't fly in the NFL.:cool:

23. SteelViking

SteelViking Member

Apr 8, 2014
    We would be all over Dennard. Not taking a WR at #15, just not happening. We have a REAL need that Dennard can fill, and fill it well.

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What need do we have ?
    How does Dennard feel that need ?

OK just playing we all know we need a CB ,but please not this 1.....He is a man coverage guy who holds on every play ...He looks completely lost in cover 3 or cover 2 or any variation of zone coverage...

If we pick him it will be a mistake unless DL leaves in the next 2 seasons ....Dennard is a very bad fit for our scheme .

25. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dennard if I have to choose between Evan and Dennard. If I have to choose between Gilbert and Dennard, then I am taking Gilbert!!