1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to Fire OC Randy Fitchner

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Dec 15, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He’s been known to take a sip of bath water now and then...just sayin

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Where ya getting at son? Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers coaches were kind of hand cuffed to an extent. They really didn't have much consistent success running the ball. As a result, it seemed they were in to many long down and distances which dictated passes. Penalties didn't help matters. It was Conner's first game back. How much of a work load could Conner handle?

Did the Bills defense dictate the Steelers pass by stacking the box?

I agree they could had attempted run the ball more. They could probably provide some insight into why they didn't run more. Sometimes coaches seem to forget balance. What's certain is they need to address the RB position in the draft of free agency.

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Blame them for whatever you want. The coaches didn't turn the ball over. That's what ultimately cost the team a chance to win the game.

5. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I hear ya....LOL
    Honestly, in my opinion, he got Ben back on track when he was younger. Won a couple SB and immature. As Ben got older, he didn't need as much or did he?

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    To an extent yes. I get the whole coaches don't throw picks or fumble or give up sacks busted coverages etc... That's an arguement no one can win.

Hard to argue the state the team is in as well when put up against realistic outcomes.

Sometimes you win in spite of the scenario regardless. Bottom line is the script written over and over both sides of the ball mind you can be improved on.

Someone said nobody's talking about butler now... BS! I think the script for play calling can only be improved upon. The O side of the ball is in disarray but there is enough there to compete and surprise... Again you don't further exacerbate the total known by being irrational with a scheme. It's really that simple. We don't know what goes on in house or on the sidelines but on the field I will grant some of us know some **** and situationally are miffed by what we see... Execution be damned.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree and it shouldn’t be such a hard concept to grasp that some of the coaching decisions lead to players mistakes.
    It’s a term we know quite well around here. It’s called putting them in a position to succeed. It’s obvious that isn’t always the case. So yeah technically the player made the mistake but you lead him right to the water....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've never seen an interception thrown on a run play. Not once.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I get that... I don't think the answer is in another back though. It's the line play for sure, at times it's the play calling mostly. I don't want them running 1st and 2nd and leaving the O in 3rd and long every series by any means when it's not there. I would like to see some mixing up. The O is predictable and has been so even with Ben at the helm. No creativity. We have a stubborn HOF QB and his preferred OC that appears to free ride with Ben but is still not doing his due diligence with the new kids because he don't have it. Every here and there he calls a decent series but mostly ends up in the same spot which is doing the same dumb **** with a hell of a lot lesser talented commander to sometimes makes lemonade out of lemons.

Too conservative meets too bombs away vs what are your horses in the stable comfortable/competitive with.

I could live with any scenario pending the shot caller put his squad in a spot that atleast made sense.

But I will say it's hard to establish any consistent success running the ball doing only so 15 times.

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Does the wildcat count? :hehehe:

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Only if it's varsity.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Where’s Big Dan? I though he was in that...

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is, and I want NOOOOO parts of him. There are OC's out there we just have to find them.
    And They MUST be able to work with a young QB. unfortunately this ain't happening until Ben is gone.
    His coach Randy will still be here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Misses Bens warm hands under center maybe!!!:rolleyes:

16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    TOMLIN should have been fired years ago but man this RF is probably worst as an OC than Mikey is as a HC.

RF might be the worst NFL coordinator in league history it’s unbelievable the Rooney’s allowed this guy to be hired. I don’t give a F what Ben thinks or wants just ridiculous how terrible this guy is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Grow up for god sakes. Really?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yeah, he's done alright and finishing at the Pro Bowl I believe. How's that sound?

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The fear is that your right unfortunately. Ben had Randy penciled in so he could do what he wanted. This is a problem. There are 10 other guys on this offense. We have seen the once dominate offensive line turn into dust before our eyes. Skilled players are getting better but not at a pace that screams effectiveness. This offense has struggled even in the wins. And TDs are in demand.

And the way that Ben looks now, ugh. Reports he won't even start throwing for another two months or so. He will be 400 lbs by then. This is the time for Tomlin and company to say common dude time to go to Weight Watchers. Massive contract and he is just blowing up like a wood tick. Not a positive.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    HA, HA, I'm sorry , but no Steeler OL should be a pro bowler this year... not with their inability to run block all year.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree. I was just point out the lunacy of being selected to the Pro Bowl. It means nothing based on selections like Pouncey. I look to the All Pro selections for true elite players at each position.

23. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Even us diehard fans recognize that he is not one of the top 5 centers this year

• Agree Agree x 1