1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King sees BA's flaws

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VA_Black&Gold, Dec 14, 2011.

1. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you thought last week was bad wait until Monday night if Ben does not play. We could have Dixon play and use his legs to create match up issues but instead that won't happen. It will be 3 yards and a cloud of dust and we will see a lot of Kapinos...

2. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Peter King is my favorite football writer. He truly knows his stuff, and it's not because I agree with everything he says, because I don't. But he makes sense.

BTW: King is one of the few journalists who has defensed Harrion's hit last week.

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

I have to give credit to my children for my ability to speak out of my hind quarters. They have so numbed my brain over the years that it no longer functions on a human level. I would compare my capacity for thought formulation (is this a word?) to that of a monkey, giving a slight edge to the monkey of course. Which only goes to prove that with the right motivation (a banana works fine) monkeys (or me) can be taught to do most anything. :D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

With another set of coaches I might agree that they would evaluate the running game and make some changes. I think BA just uses these failures to light a fire under the passing game. I don't mind that we pass more now (the rules tilt the game that way) but for them to use "it's a passing league" to excuse horrible execution in the running game is unacceptable. It's okay to favor the pass but you still need to have a running game to score inside the 20 and to put teams away late in games - two things we struggle with.

5. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

yeah then people would be saying ...golly gee.....we throw the ball too much...cant make everyone happy :herewego!:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And Mark Schlereth, love that guy, he should be commissioner! :rawk:

7. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think my basic thought here is that run or pass, we shouldn't be calling the same play over and over again. We've done this so much for so long (and not just in the red zone) that there is zero element of surprise. Sure makes it easy to defend against.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even going downhill WATER couldn't run behind our offensive line :(

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To the even water could not run response.....Redman is at a healthy 4.4 average and Mendenhall has a 3.8 Ypc........

So why this is not earth shattering it still means that on Average that Red gets a 1st. down at just over 2 totes and Mendenhall gets 1 at around every 2.5 totes....

So the stats support we can run the ball ,,,the only reason the stats are not better is our lack of knowledge of the running game and our will from a schematic approach to do so......Make no mistake we our more than capable we are just not willing......