1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Personalized car tags

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shadowmaker, May 28, 2014.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I have personalized tags on my Jeep, time for a change. So which one do you like the most? Or none of them? If I cant come up with something, going with wife/my initials.

Only have 6 letters, 3, a space and then 3 more. Any way to make a poll for this?

GOS TLR- like this one
    6R1 NGS- like this one
    STI 1RS
    6T1 MES
    6T1 MER
    6XR ING
    RIN GX6
    BKG OLD
    6XC HMP - figures those jerk off haters would read 6x chumps.

These are the only ones that I can come up with that arent taken. Stelrs, stilrs,st1lrs, got6, all those and combos I came up with are gone.

Throw some suggestions out if you want.

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Steel twn

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the BKG OLD one.

4. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    6R1 NGS looks good. Tougher to mistake for something else (BKG together seems to much like Burger King for example, assuming BLK GLD is taken).

Too bad they make you leave the space in. When I got personalized plates, they allowed you to fill in the space for 7 consecutive characters....

WIN YNZ

Good luck.

5. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    too bad there is a space 3 space 3 that screws it up a little... how about HINES1? im sure thats been taken... i dont know if you did this but in ohio we can go to the DMV and run tags thru a computer and it will tell if they are available.. i did it 15 years ago .. and had to go to the DMV i bet its on their web site and bet u can do it from home now?

HINES

6. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    7RI NGS Be the first.. though don't attach till after Feb.;)

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I thought the BKG looked like Burger King when I first saw it, too. I also like the 6R1 NGS the best.

8. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah in ohio you can have 7 consecutive letters numbers ... but thats ohio.. i guess its only 6 and its 3/3 in PA... when we bought into a restaurant in the early 90s when they came to cincinnati i went to get a personalized plate H O O T E R S ... and guess what .. ohio denied it as a "bad word".. i never knew hooters were bad... even the name makes me smile.. but i wasnt allowed to buy that name so i said screw it ... in ohio (and this is 20 years ago) you paid like $100 for the plates and that was ok .. i understand that .. the prisoners are pretty busy and it takes more time to make a personalize plate.. but seriously they have to set up the press.. send it to the proper office for pick up so i understood that and was willing ot pay the 50 or hundred bucks.. but then i found out they change an extra liek $50 bucks every year that you renew it and there is no more work for them to do that.. so i said screw it all

HINES

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Are you in Pa? If not take mine DBL Y0I....

10. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    Im in VA. Yes we can type it in to see what is taken.

Depending on the plate, you can go 7 letters with no space. But the plate Im getting thats not an option. :cry:

11. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    In Pa dont think you need to use that space....???

12. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    Va, guess I dont get it bc its a PA thing. :shrug:

Too many letters. I could do STL TWN but that is taken.:cry:

BLK G1D is available. Use a '1' instead of a L. :hmmm:
    I could do 6ri ngs this year and 7ri ngs next. :drinks:

13. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
  14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
  15. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    That plate looks cool.
    I agree, I would go with 6R1 NGS... It`s the most easily readable, and understandable, as to what you are referring to...
    And until we win 4 more, you can update, just by changing the 1st number.:yeehaw:
    Given the bird on the plate, you could go with "RVN HTR".
    Or to honor specific players, cud be easier, like "LAM BRT", "HNZ WRD", "BIG BEN", "HEE ATH", etc...
    Shud be easy to condense your favorite to the "3 space 3" format.
    I assume you can`t have "2 space 4", or "1 space 5", etc?
    Harder to honor the whole team, with that format, and that seems to be your goal.
    Maybe "PIT FAN", "PIT WNS", "PIT ROX", "STL R#1", or sumthin? I dunno, hard to fit the format.
    Anything that starts "STL"...looks like you are referring to Saint Louis, or Seattle, at first glace.
    God knows that ain`t yer intent!:lolol:
    On a side note, Is the Jeep black n gold, or have other Steeler related accessories/decals, etc., that identify your loyalty?
    Maybe a Steeler`s license plate frame, would make the plate easier to understand to others...
    Good luck, and let us know what you settle on.
    GO STEELERS!:steelflag:

16. shadowmaker

Nov 3, 2011
    There isnt a bird on the plate, it should link to the 'dont tread on me' plate. The site is kinda screwy at times but I would expect no less.

RVN HTR, HEE ATH, HNZ WRD are availble. I like the RVN HTR but not many fans around here to understand it. More cowboy/redskin/ panther fans.

Let my wife see the ones with 'STL' and she couldnt figure them out.

Leaning towards 6ri ngs. I have a Steeler tag frame so football fans will get it. And it will annoy the crap out of the cowboy fans.

17. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

Now that's what I'm talking about ... :drinks:

18. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mine in Iowa is TERBTWL. You could do something like TRB TWL or some combination of that. Then just make sure you have a Steeler symbol in your back window and they will know you support the one the only Pittsburgh Steelers!!! :)

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    "You don't ever take a play off. You don't ever pull up on a guy because you think you're going to get fined. When you start doing that … it's not the commissioner you have to answer to because back when I played, the commissioner didn't sign my checks. (Steelers owner Dan) Rooney signed my checks. As long as Mr. Rooney didn't have a problem with it, I didn't care what the commissioner said.- Greg Lloyd

Just gotta tell yinz thorn....Love this quote.[/QUOTE]