1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Peppers, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Bleedsteel, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw a recent mock draft that had us taking Jabril Peppers from Michigan with our 1st round pick..

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don`t like the University he came from(as a Buckeye Fan),

But we have gotten some good talent from that place, like Timmons, that we just let go...

I`ve seen him play, and he might be the closest thing to Polamalau, that comes out of this year`s draft...

The kid is an awesome Safety, and is athletic enough to play WR/KR, or anything else that you ask him to do.

I would be happy if we took him with our 1st round pick.

Do you think he will still be there?

Would you take him?

Would you trade up for him?

Who would you like better, that we have a realistic chance at getting, and what do you think it would take to get them?

GO STEELERS!

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Obi is a much better prospect.

T.J. should be the target.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    timmons was from florida state. woodley was from michigan. :cool:

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If he's there at 30.... I would snatch him up in a hurry. The clock wouldn't even have to start. Smart, very athletic, versatile, and was coached by someone with nfl coaching experience. And you're right...
    the closest player to Troy...that I've seen. Oh and by the way...timmons came from fsu. Unless, I was reading your post wrong?

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I can't imagine who else would be available that I would take over Peppers if he's actually there at #30. Maybe TJ Watt, but I don't think he'll be there.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    He won't be there at #30. I wouldn't move up as far as it's going to take to get him.

I would not be surprised if Peppers finds himself as a Titan on draft night.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Nor would I. Versatility and fluidity in the position drills showcases he can be a safety.

All the more reason that Dick LeBeau will have a blast using him.

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I've had a change of heart with Peppers... at first I didn't really know where he'd play and thought he'd be more of a 4-3 WLB, but now I think if he's there that he should be the pick. In all honesty we need someone that could match up against the RB/TE/SWR in the nickel, and he could be that. You bring him in to man up those guys, he could be a 3rd safety or even a second ILB in the nickel.

I think Obi is a similar type player and would be ecstatic with that pick too... but I think I like Peppers a little better at those moment.

Besides, wouldn't it be cool to have a guy take snaps at LB and return punts during the same game? Lol

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Another thread on Peppers :bowdown: