1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm a Habs fan but they aren't looking too hot.

Best of luck to the Pens and all my Steel City friends!

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pens up 2-0 in opening round against BJ's - MAF playing like he's 10 years younger - Sid and Geno hitting their stride. Sweet. :dancing::dancing::dancing:

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    as Sonny Bono once said: "And the beat goes on.......". Up 3-0. Feel sorry for the BJ fans - they were so raucous and excited to have a playoff game at home - but it wasn't to be. Can't believe the Nashville/Blackhawk series - that's so bizarre - 2 shutouts on the road against the Hawks. Chicago worried me if we were to get to the finals against them...now maybe not.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens should wrap the series up tonight, I'm glad they didn't finish them off in game 5. That would have been too long of a time off until their first game against Washington. Sometime the Pens get flat for the first game of a series if they have too many days off after closing the previous series out.
    I think the next series against the caps will be their toughest one. They are on their way to a repeat.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with the first point but Maple Leafs are tied with Caps right now and anything's possible, though not probable. I'm shocked with Nashville vs Chicago up 3-0.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It's nice having Malkin and Kessel in a playoff pool. :hehehe:

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - you're prophetic on both counts - very pleased with the first, not so much on the second - Caps will be tough but........they haven't proven that come playoff time. I hope they continue in their ways. Opening on the road will be a challenge - Pens have been average on the road.

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Caps have a history of choking in the playoffs and I hope they continue also. This is the same as last year when the Caps were slight favorites and had home ice advantage. We need to repeat what we did to them last year and the rest of it should take care of itself.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree 100%. I was surprised to read that the Pens have beat the Caps in 7 of 8 playoff series - sounds like Steelers and Pats in reverse. For what it's worth we split 4 games with Caps this year - each winning their two home games.