1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Somebody needs to be put on the ice for one reason only, hurt Wilson badly. Preferably cripple him and put him out of hockey forever. That is just my opinion. The cocky little f*** just continues to play like he thinks he is a bad a$$. Someone needs to take him out of hockey once and for all. Sullivan needs to challenge these guys to quit letting this little punk treat you like little girls. Grow a set and slap the snot out of the little a$$hole.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem is losing Wilson for a game after he's already done his damage is nothing.

They won't reign him in unless someone takes Ovechkin, Backstrom or Kuznetsov out...

Unless they see some real hurt from his actions, they're perfectly fine with it. I mean you get a game win by putting the other team down a man and not getting a major penalty on top of it and lose the guy for maybe one game and not having to play a man down, when you've totally shuffled the other teams line-up. What's to lose there?

Unless they make it a team penalty when a guy like this gets suspended what's to lose? If they were to have to play with one less player the games he's suspended it would hurt and teams would clean this up themselves.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They need to shake up the lines. Kessel is lifeless need to move him back with Geno and Rust. Brassard just seems out of sync I'd move him to the wing and put Jooris and that big 6 foot plus 200 pound frame in to take runs at guys. Love that they are giving Simon a chance but they need grit and toughness.

Also agree taking Wilson out does nothing the weAK link is Backstrom, Oshie or Krusenesov. Right after the hit on Reese, and before they scored their second goal there was an opportunity to lay into Backstrom because he was 5 ft in front of Murray looking at the corner and the puck went past. Pens player pulled up skated around him and didn't blow him up, Backstrom gets to the corner, wins the puck battle puts it out front for the goal.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm sick of all this Playoff hockey penalties are different crap!

Hell Maata is getting ripped for allowing the 2 on 1, but it's a clear trip by Wilson that causes it! I don't know how that doesn't get called in the middle of the open ice! It's not like it was a stick going for a puck! He skated in and slew footed him!

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah like the explanation on the Doumolin hit. He slowed and braced for the hit and that changed the position of his head that why it wasn't a penalty or suspension. Them by that logic if a pens player takes a swing at the puck and his stick travels up the shafts of a Caps players stick hits him in the face drawing blood that's nothe high sticking because the Caps player caused his own injury.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup Garage League bull!

This is why the no one watches! I've had to explain to so many people why something isn't a penalty in the play-offs because...hockey....

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It starts immediately and most guys take it in stride and serve the suspension unlike the NFL. Well Big Jamie O fits the bill and he doesn't need called up they just need to stand up. He cross checked Wilson in the gut twice last night trying to get him to go so it would be matching fighting majors. Besides him I can't think of anyone outside of Josh Jooris who has any size to them and Jooris is already up with the rest of the Black Aces and could potentially see time now that Reese is out for the season. At this point I would have cared if they did give out a match penalty, a 10 min and ejection if somebody would have just dropped the gloves and started swinging at him. At least then the Caps wouldn't have walked away thinking they could push the Pens around. If Talbot, TK or Cooke were still on the team the minute that hit happened gloves would have been off.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're right Thorn. I was thinking maybe someone who the Pens could stand being suspended himself for a damaging retaliatory hit. Wait...wonder if Trailer Trash Tonya and her boy toy Jeff G. are available? :club:

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Out of the top 6 defensemen I think Shultz, Doumolin, and surprisingly Ruhwedel are playing the best Jamie O. is on the fence for me, for a giant he just seems to play timid at times and Maata and Letang have just looked horrid so if we had to lose a guy to suspension I would say Jamie O. would be the guy that could potentially have his spot replaced by Hunwick if he ever gets out of Sully's doghouse. Otherwise maybe let Sprong have a go at him and see if he can scrap at the pro level

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sprong would be my choice, but I'd like him to go at one of the centers or top wingers. Get them out of the game for a bit. Not Ovie but Backstrom or Kuznetsov...

This suspension is basically nothing as they've already got the benefit of his hits in game with no consequences and they won both games. Chances are he would have dialed it back in game 4 and ramped up in 5 if it looked like they needed an advantage. All this is is to find a replacement for him and go into the game with a full bench...

I'd bet the slew foot on Maata for the game winner didn't help his case in the hearing either.

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I feel good about the game tonight, not the way I felt about the last game. This is really a gut and character check for the Pens. They need to play smart and strong tonight. If they can't then its time for the run to end. With the Wilson's 3 game suspension at least the little punk won't seriously injure anyone else. I guess I am old school, I want revenge, an eye for an eye, etc., not just a penalty. I want to see him hurt really bad, really bad.I am probably in the minority wanting something that severe to happen to him, but I don"t care. That is just the way I feel and at my age there is little chance of me changing.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens win 3-1, That is a little more like it. Murrey held them to one goal. Good game. They need to play as smart and strong on Saturday as they did tonight. The 3-peat is still alive and well.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah was a little nervous, but Murray pulled it off while hurt....let's hope it's not a fracture, because we do't have the Flower to come in and save the day this year!

Still giving up too many open guys in the zone. I thought the announcers did a good job illustrating what Washington is doing in the offensive zone to cause that.

One thing I did watch closely is that the Caps are doing a lot of interference that's not interference at the blue line Oshie got caught tonight with one and it was the game winner on the PP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    our defense is what it is. Big difference is the past years we had a healthy kessel to score, healthy geno and others... plus MAF/MM being stonewalls when the defense failed.

The team this year is literally jake/sid carrying the team while everyone is on life support.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm thinking the Caps are really feeling the pressure to not screw up again and fail. That being the case I could see this series ending in Pittsburgh in game six. Would be nice to beat them on our ice and leave everyone involved or rooting for the Caps wondering if tough guy Wilson didn't play a major role in their failure this year by being a stupid thug.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Love how Oshie completely left his feet while going high to the head of Letang during the empty net goal. Also the cross check on Guentzel into the cross bar clearly after he already scored. Their main strategy is to still try and take our players out with concussions. You would think after going 1-9 against us in the playoffs they would come up with a different game plan but every time it's the same garbage from that team.

LET'S GO PENS!

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    That is complete frustration showing itself again. All Trotz and his little group of thugs can do is talk about how this year it will be different and then have history repeat itself.
    It is tough for stupid to correct itself so they keep going around the same circle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup and it won't be addressed either. look for more in game 5. They're doing more than the usual stuff that goes on during games.

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Biggest game of the season tonight. Pens need to keep their foot on the gas. If they would lose tonight I still think the Pens are good enough to win the final two games and the series, but winning tonight makes it a lot easier. A little offensive explosion from the Pens would be great.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Letang with the mental lapses...

Kessel is hurt seriously. They're attacking him when he handles so having him at the point for that is on the coach. Move him down because you know he's not handling well.

They outplayed them for vast stretches and had some mistakes that cost them.

Should have won that game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m ok with losing but how they are losing is frustrating. 2 blown games so far to a crap caps team

24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens are still in it and game 6 at home should be a win. I remember a couple of years ago the series was tied 3-3 and the Pens had to go to Washington for game 7 and were underdogs but won the game 2-0.
    Different team with some different players but don't be surprised if the Pens win it in 7 games. They are still the champs until someone beats them.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    What's frustrating is that we clearly outplayed the Craps. Gotta fault Murray on that game. Have to make at least one key save.

On the bright side at least Trashville is one game away from elimination.