1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I'll be happy to see more "On Ice or Grass We'll Kick Your Ass" t-shirts on vendors' tables around the Strip District.

2. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's go Pens, this one's for Duper.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Nice work Pens!!!!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Those last 2 minutes, doe! *whew*

LET'S GO PENS!

• Like Like x 2
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You can say that again - two minutes of 4 on 6 hockey as the game is winding down against a ferocious power play team is pure nuts! But this game should never have been as close as it was at that point - so many early scoring chances for Pens which is the common thread throughout these playoffs. Somehow though they have enough intangibles to keep winning. Beat em Pucks!!! :yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
  8. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

That's how you be great!

Good grief, what a game! I'm gonna have a heart attack. :lolol: Congratulations, Penguins!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Another wild fast and furious finish. Was so bummed when SJ scored with 4 minutes to go - you knew they would get at least one and a 2 pt lead seemed absolutely necessary. But as they have magically been doing for a few months now - again found a way to win. How about that D? Hope the Pens do better on the left coast than the Steelers typically do. Beat em Pucks!!!!!!!! :yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

You just knew the stupid Sharks were gonna score. It was palpable.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a win in San Jose tonight.

LET'S GO PENS!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I think this is a riot - SJ is using a "Sharnado" theme for T-shirts and towels for tonights game. Now that's funny. My favorite part of the Sharknado trilogy (so far) is when Al Roker is giving the weather and a shark flies through the Today Show studio and rips his head off - we can only hope........ Would be funny if someone came up with a shirt that showed The March of the Penguins logo beating up the Sharknado logo. Let's go Pens - take no prisoners - broom time!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/look-the-sharks-are-going-with-a-sharknado-theme-for-game-3/

• Like Like x 1
  13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You should see some of the stuff their fans are posting on facebook. Now I have a lot of hockey friends around the country so I don't often poke fun at other team's fanbases but they are getting too funny not to. Apparently the Pens are in real trouble because the Shark Tank is going to be so loud tonight, they will have never heard a building so loud. I'm sorry hasn't that building been owned by the Kings, Ducks and Hawks the last few years in the playoffs? Yep I'm sure the hometown crowd will take the Pens off thier game.

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've seen the stupid bungles and titans handing out towels too. What a bunch of dang posers. Have your own traditions and quit ripping of a tradition from a city that oozes sports traditions. What's funny though was that when the titans were handing out towels we STILL took over the stadium and on the radio on the way home after the game Kevin Dyson I believe it was was talking about how the stadium was "more than 50%" Steelers fans and how he had "never saw anything like that". Penguins fans are pretty widespread too so I wouldn't expect a home crowd to really dominate them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Tough loss in OT tonight, but I still believe!

We'll just win the Cup at home. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The March Continues on to game 5 and a chance to send Pittsburgh into the stratosphere. For everyone that can experience Thursday night I envy you and will be cheering as loud as I can. Let's Go Pens!

• Like Like x 1
  17. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    Man, I wish I could be there. I have a pre-planned/pre-paid trip already otherwise I'd be there. Will have to find a sports bar in the small ski town of Telluride, Colorado to watch the game. They said tickets for that game were starting at $975 apiece on Stubhub.

The beauty of being able to make that game would be the possible (probable?) championship parade to follow on probably Saturday.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will close it out this Thursday, Sullivan should be Coach of the year. He has made the most difference
    of any head coach I have seen in PGH in a long time.Of any sport.He made these under achievers accountable.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This is interesting - no pro team has won a championship in Pgh since 1960 Pirates (obvious for NFL).

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...ampionship-clinched-in-pittsburgh-since-1960/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Pittsburgh Penguins are on the verge of doing something this city hasn’t seen in decades.

With a 3-1 win over the San Jose Sharks in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final, the Penguins hold a commanding 3-1 lead in the series. With the series coming back to Pittsburgh for Game 5, the Penguins have a chance to win the Stanley Cup in front of their fans for the first time in franchise history.

Pittsburgh sports fans have been fortunate to celebrate their teams winning several championships over the years. But, none have clinched a title here in Pittsburgh since the Pirates did it in 1960.

“We’ve won so many championships in Pittsburgh, I never realized that we hadn’t won them at home,” Bill Mazeroski said.

Perhaps you remember or have heard of Mazeroski’s Game 7 homer against the New York Yankees?

KDKA-TV’s Bob Pompeani spoke with Mazeroski about that moment on Tuesday.

“I remember it very, very well. It never leaves my mind almost because I’m reminded of it almost every day,” Mazeroski said.

He also remembers where the Penguins were at the beginning of the year and how different things are now.

“I went to Florida early in the year and when I came back, I saw a different team. It was completely different. I mean, they were so fast, they’re everywhere, they’re to every loose puck. I’m just so amazed to see them skate the way they’re skating. They’re so fast and it’s wonderful to watch,” Mazeroski said.

The Penguins have been overwhelming teams with their speed and it’s gotten them to within one game of winning the fourth Stanley Cup in franchise history.

Mazeroski is hoping to be one of the lucky few in attendance for Game 5.

That’s because when the Pens wrapped up Game 4 with a win in San Jose Monday evening, it lit a rocket under Game 5 ticket prices.

“It’s incredible how much demand has been going up,” said Chris Leyden, of SeatGeek.com. “They’ve gone up about 50 percent.”

And those ticket prices seem to be going up by the hour.

“Twelve hours ago you could have gotten a ticket for $700,” said Leyden. “Now the cheapest ticket is around 1,200, and if you want to sit closer, you’re going to pay 2,000.”

KDKA checked other sites around the Internet and found SeatGeek to be right in the arena; $1,000 has quickly become the cellar of pricing.

Leyden doubts the prices will drop.

“I don’t necessarily think we’ll see that here because the demand just seems to be increasing,” he said.

And even at $1,000, tickets are selling.

“That’s crazy,” said Jennifer Rignani, of Lawrenceville. “That prohibits a huge part of the population who will never have that experience. That’s too much.”

“There are some serious hockey fans in Pittsburgh who would love that experience and will pay for it,” says Susan Bonadie, of Wexford.

And that’s what it is, paying for more than just a hockey game; they’re paying for the chance of a lifetime.

Here’s hoping the Penguins treat us all to a celebration Thursday night, those in the arena, outside and watching from home.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually - just flash back to 2009 - Danny Bylsma came in as HC on Feb 15 and went on to finish 18-3-4 in final 25 games and then won the Stanley Cup. Both are amazing feats but Sullivan has one more game to go to equal Bylsma. Hurdles' turnaround is even more impressive though - 20+ straight losing seasons for the Bucs and then 3 straight playoffs and best record since what - 1909? Pretty cool as well.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Just the way these players have responded to Sullivan, it has been fun too watch.He gets
    right into their faces when they screw up. Go Pens bring home the cup, to once again the
    City of Champions. PGH, PA. Now Steelers need to do their part and the Pirates. Whew what a ride.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm a nervous wreck! I want this thing finished tonight! In da Burgh! LET'S GO PENS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Crazy night so far

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Ugh! My Pittsburgh teams can never make it easy. I'm so bummed. :(

Back to San Jose we go. I still believe!

25. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Ain't that the truth.