1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Good game last night. Looks like they were on target. Back to back tomorrow night. Got to keep the pressure on everyone. They started heating up beginning of February and need to keep it up. I'm sure they will. That is how you get a 3-peat.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG] continues..................

Great timing finding their road game sea legs. Go at least .500 on the road and win all you can at home - secret to success in all sports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well a road split to the deep South isn't all bad with a great effort to almost sweep. Didn't see the Flyers sneaking in the top spot but here we are tied for 2nd with them and the Caps leapfrogging back into the lead. Only 19 games remain - with 3 against NJ, 2 against Philly and 1 with the Caps. This finish will be like a few early rounds of the Stanley with every game counting heavily. Still concerned with a backup to Murray in that they had to replace Jarry (10-7 record as starter) in the 2nd period last night.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The seedings don't concern me, once in they have the skills to skate with and beat anyone in a 7 game series. The troublesome aspect is the defense and how it affects who is in net. Yes they surged back against the panthers but I saw at least one defenseman below the goal line in the offensive zone on Hagelin's goal last night which begs the question who is covering the point for him and playing back in case they lose control. Sullivan''s 200 foot defense works in the playoffs but they need to be on the same page which is what the regular season is for.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The good thing is that their are no back to back games in the playoffs. Barring injuries we should not have to see Jarry much

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Some interesting trades today. I was suddenly worried about the Bolts when they traded for McDonaugh but when I saw who they gave up I relaxed a bit. Still I'm interested in seeing what they do with Brassard and how they are going to approach the D. Let's go Pens

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We will start to find out tonight.

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens starting goalie has a concussion from practice today. Don't know how long he will be out but it will be a problem. Here comes Jarry , exactly what we didn't need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens started DeSmth in goal which I think is better than Jerry. I think he can hold the fort for a few games.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fingers crossed. Giving up 3 goals wasn't the problem; getting only 2 goals was. Not sure the last time the Pens were held to 2 goals or less?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to get untracked tonight and start a little mini run.

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I retract what I said about the Pens #2 goalie being better than the #3 goalie. They both suck badly. They need to get Murrey back and wrap the china doll in bubble wrap because without him in goal it looks like it will be short playoff for them. They were completely embarrassed by Boston. Inexcusable.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Does the first 45 seconds of Period 1 count as a little mini-run. Man that was butt ugly last night. Ironic how Murray pitched great in relief two years ago and Fleury last year. This year - the closet is bare. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Murray skated this morning so maybe there will be some info on when they expect him to be back.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I know that Sullivan is giving Jarry and DeSmith an opportunity to get some playing time but maybe bring Leighton up because he is a better option at this point. Plus the complete lack of focus by the defense is just scary.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The game this evening at home should give us a feeling as to how they might play over the next 20 or so games. They need to start pushing for the playoffs. It would be nice to see Crosby and the rest of the offense start playing as they should.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Jarry gave up a goal in the first period that was a real high light. It looked like he had never been on ice skates before. He stumbled all over himself and fell down right as the shot was taken. Even the announcers were cracking up. We have to have someone better than that, don't we? This situation is going to get real serious real soon.

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens pulled out a close one in OT.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's OK - they don't hand out points for more points than needed.

Wait......actually they do - it's the 4th level tiebreaker for playoff pairings. Let's go O. :dancing:

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    What concerns me is they took 40 plus shots against a rookie goalie and only scored 3 points. I'm beginning to wonder if the shots are decent shots or they are taking any kind of shot instead of working for a good shot. Guess it doesn't matter right now as long as they find a way to win.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Eeking them out, one game at a time. Big game with Flyers on Wed.

22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Very big game. Wonder when Murray is back in goal?

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wednesday I hope - we need him. Fortunately the Flyers and Caps both cooled off a bit last few games and Pens regained the ground they lost last week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    If the Pens want to make a statement they need a big win tonight against the Flyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ask, and you, shall receive. :thumbs_up: Sweet - Pens owned the 2nd and 3rd periods. Jarry had a decent game. Flyers were so unfocused - they deserved the home town boo's. One game at a time and all will fall perfectly into place.