1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    OK, I totally missed that, thanks.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    IMG_0470.JPG

crappy ass game but good seats

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    IMG_0479.JPG

can you guess what was the best part of the game? :lolol:

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Stanley Cup hangover. And no back up Goalie. Better have back up goalie ready by playoff time.

5. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016

I am not too worried right now... its still early and I have a lot of trust in Sully/Rutherford... I believe they will make the right moves before the trade deadline in February. LGP!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    For those of you that are local yinzers, I am a big fan of the "Fan Morning Show," and Colin Dunlap. Class act move by the Penguins to have his daughter, Darran, who is battling cancer, out there with Jeff Jimmerson during the National Anthem for the "Hockey Fights Cancer Night." All of Pittsburgh's professional sports teams have been great to her and the whole Dunlap family, especially the Pens. One year ago today, she was diagnosed. Keep on Fighting, Darran.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "They're dead Jim................"

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens are not playing near well enough to take a good run at the three peat. They need to get it going or it won't happen. The idiots that schedule the games are not doing the Pens and favors. Their back to backs have been against some of the top notch teams.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to lock down another win tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    Sid the Kid with another game winner. Guentzel is on fire with 5 goals in the last 4 games. Nothing like a comeback win against them flyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    They are still not playing anywhere near where they need to play to get a three-peat. They are making a little progress. Their first string goalie needs to get back in soon.

12. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016

Agree 100%. It's a long season, though. Can't expect to be at our best every single game. (We haven't the last two years). I trust in Rutherford and Sully with trading, as they brought in many key players to win the Stanley Cup the past two years. I hear we are looking to trade Ian Cole, I always liked Cole, but like I said, I trust in what those two do.

LGP

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Good game for the Pens last night. Need to follow it up tonight.

14. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    Big OT win!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to string 3 or 4 wins together and starting tonight would be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like to see some secondary scoring as well. Right now it seems like Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Getz are getting the majority which is fine but the third and fourth line forwards to chip in more consistently as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Well their backup goalie gave another one away last night. He just isn't any good and seems to get worse as time passes. I watched that 3 goals given up early in the game last night and I think the sooner we get him out of the lineup the better. I think the first string guy is due back in a week,

18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So they dump a young talented albeit undersized forward who couldn't crack the top 12 for a goalie that played his last meaningful hockey 7 years ago, trade off a 4th round pick for a big bodied defensemen who may have potential meanwhile the Devils deal a solid young center who could have solidified the third line for an aging veteran defender. What are you doing Jim there are deals to be made go get a third line guy.

19. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think he will shake it up in some form. It isn't working as is so any changes should be welcome. Maybe a big change isn't out of the picture.

20. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Penguins are the best team in the city despite struggles..Pirates are 2nd (I can't believe I'm saying that but times have changed). The Steelers are just meh... Tomlin just looks constipated during playoff games plus the roster is pretty unlikable..but football in general sucks.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Did your keyboard run out of green ink or are you really this obtuse? You dishonor His Nibs Sir Pimply! :rolleyes: As avid a Pirate fan I've been for 60+ years, they are a distant 3rd to the Steelers and Pens with the Steelers currently sitting atop the Board. The Pirates are out there roaming the distant prairies with Pitt FB and BB. But don't get me wrong I love love love all 5 of these teams and follow them loyally week to week to the ends of the Earth. :clapping:

22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to come up with a strong game tonight to follow up on their win on Wednesday.

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Half way through the season and I think the Pens are in serious trouble. They are stuck where they are at and show no signs of playing well enough to even make the playoffs let alone being a factor. I don't know what Crosby's problem is but he is not playing well and hasn't for most of the season. Someone needs to do something major to shake this team up and soon.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Sidney must have read the post I put up today because he scored 4 points tonight. That's better Sid. Keep It up.lol

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think moving Guetzal off his line and making him a third line center was a mistake. They lost the chemistry they had with Sid and the kids. I really think they are going to pay for not locking up a strong third line center before the season started and just sitting pat. At least tonight showed how effective Sid can be with talented wingers who will drive the net and take feeds from him. Some of those line combos they have with him just are head scratchers

• Agree Agree x 1