1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    A repeat will mean nothing if the Pens don't............:rolleyes:

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Let's win 2 more first lol

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    nbc sports is shi++ing the bed on their stream for game 3. wtf. Listening to it on the radio, anyone else having problem with the stream (for those w/out cable)?

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm having to watch the CBC feed and it sucks because they are so anti Pens and everything even the cheap stuff Nashville does is the greatest thing since sliced bread

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Great...crosscheck in the back to gain possession....

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    They have to give Nashville something because if they lose without winning a game the bandwagon fans will never come back

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah they let a lot of stuff go, but they needed to score on those PP's.

That last PP goal they interfered so they could get the zone and no call...

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The next game should be good. Nashville is fired up about being at home after their win yesterday and the Pens play strong games after a playoff loss. If the Pens steal a win tomorrow it is all but over and if they don't the Pens still will have 2 of the 3 remaining games at home. Things will be okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pens will need to match the Preds intensity, sometimes the most talented team
    doesn't win. C'mon Pens get the heart into it.

10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We haven't looked that good TBH. Just need to steal 2 more and be done with it

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    6 hours to puck drop. Pens need to shut that crowd down while shutting out the Preds. :club: Repeat game 3's 1st period - 3 times. Hate to see Nicole Kidman cry but hey she's an actress, it comes naturally. :cry:

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This doesn't bode well. Might be preds in 6.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Might not be.

14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Any reason to think otherwise? 4 straight bad games lol. If we can get lucky 2 more times I'll take it

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    If they can't win the two home games they don't deserve to win the Cup.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think it's time to make a change in goal.
    MAF in for Murray. Murray is giving up too many goals. I don't think the Pens can afford to give up more the 2 or 3 goals with the way their offense is struggling.
    I don't think they will make the change, but they should IMO.
    Next game is the most important game. If the Pens win they should win the Cup.
    If not, all bets are off.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm 2 decades younger than you and am always a nervous wreck for each and every mega important game for any of the Black and Gold sports teams. Thursday will be an absolute challenge to my physical and mental state along with my overall health.

2 More Wins and I should have a clean bill of health again.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I get to fly into Ohio from Tokyo while that game is being played.....

They'd better buck up. The 2 crappy games they played they won. They played pretty good in Nashville.

All this talk about them getting outplayed is garbage. They should have scored way more goals. Especially last game! Rinne didn't see half of the shots coming at him and he got away with a lot that should have gone in the back of that net!

He had a few great saves, but on the whole the quality of scoring chances was excellent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Seriously on one Crosby shot he actually had his wrists crossed up!

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Hang in there. I still feel good about the Pens winning it all. I used to get a lot more wrapped up in and excited about the games when I was younger, both football and hockey, but now it is what it is and as far as I'm concerned if the team cant play well enough to win then they don't deserve to win.
    If the Pens win the Cup I do win $10,000.00 from Vegas and that will be a big help to me in trying to reach my target goals this year for donating to the two animal charities I am trying to help a little bit. Both target goals are fairly high. If somehow the Pens don't win it all then I will just have to try to hit the ponies and football extra hard this year.
    So the Pens need to win the Cup for your overall good health and sanity and to make it easier for me to reach my target goal for donations this year. Sounds like a couple of good reasons.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not to mention that the elusive three-peat will be so much harder to attain if they don't win it this year. ;)

Soft little fluffy puppies and kittens (and penguins) win out over rotting smelly dead fish every time! :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Doesn't matter which goalie is in there if you only score one goal. Defense in front of Murray has been lackluster imo. Murray gave up some in which MAF would have stopped, but the same is true the other way. Different types of goalies, MAF is so athletic but can give up easy ones too.

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Agree. I would hope the Pens get their heads out of their a$$ and play somewhere near their capabilities. If they do that either goalie will be fine. I'm thinking 3-1 or 4-2 Pens tonight. Pens don't have much wiggle room. They need to step up and win tonight.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I would have went with Fleury tonight because of his ability to play the puck outside his crease. Murray needs to work on this. Seeing as how Hainsey and Maata have been terrible handling the puck and moving it out of their own zone,starting MAF would have given them a boost starting the breakout and getting on the attack faster. I'd also would scratch Hainsey in favor of a more mobile and offensive minded Streit since Hainsey has looked slow and confused.

• Like Like x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm not mad if we lose at least not yet. Surprised we made it this far