1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone watch the last game? I can't stand Milbury.

He was harping on and one over a stick that he swore was tossed at a player, but defended the running of the goalie by saying it's a normal hockey play.

2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens are playing the best hockey in the league right now. I think they have as good a chance as anyone to win it all.
    I put 500 on them to win the cup this week. Nice risk / reward ratio in my opinion.
    I was going to put the same amount on the Pirates at 18-1 but I just don't think they make the playoffs this year.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

How about those Penguins? Holy smokes, what a game that was last night. I swear these Pittsburgh teams are gonna be the death of me. :lolol:

LET'S GO PENS! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    The Pens did everything they could to give Washington the game. Thank God they don't have to go back to Washington for game 7!

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens are halfway home. Two series down and two to go. I'm feeling good about betting $500 on them to win the Stanley Cup before the playoffs started at 9 to 1, but bad about not betting my normal $1,000 like I usually do on playoffs sports. I guess that falls under the no guts, no glory area. I think they will win it all unless something weird happens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How about game 5 when Pierre was going off about how the Caps fans were right to be upset on a non call on Sid holding Backstrom's stick. Yep Pierre it's called a chicken wing and guys do it when they are getting hooked as in this case when Backstrom's stick is in Crosby's gut holding him back from getting to a loose puck. The very definition of an obstruction penalty.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Going to be sweet when the talking heads have to change their tune and admit the Pens are the team to beat.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The slashing on Crosby was casually mentioned until he slashes someone else and apparently that caused a guy (Alzner) to re-injure his groin and not return?

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The slashing was out of control and as much as the Pens were doing it too the Caps weren't evening trying to hide it. Just glad I don't have to hear Oshies name for the rest of the series.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he was out there skating like it was penalty shot every time!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Syd wins it in a quick overtime and ties up the series at one game each. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Penguins are exciting! We need more production from Crosby and Malkin to win it all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I think the Pens were sleepwalking through the first TB game and part of the second after the grueling series with the Caps. Game 3 they re-found their stride. Does it truly matter if 87 and 71 are scoring so long as other lines are producing and the outcome is positive. Match ups are so critical and opponents may not have as many super lines as Pens skate out there. Regardless - Kessel is a beast. Is he related to James Harrison? Same motor and drive. :clapping::clapping::clapping: GO PENS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    What is the deal with Milbury?? I want to drive my elbow thru his skull when I'm in the top mount. He's just some old school puke that still thinks the Broad Street Bullies type of hockey should win it every year because he's probably jealous of skilled players and it assaults his self esteem.

Anyway enough of that no-talent garden post. Game 4 against TB was awesome and even though we lost I think we took a huge gash out of their psyche. Coming back from down 4-0, to make a mad dash at the buzzer was killer imo. Shows me the attitude of this year's team in the playoffs. Keep it going Pens!!!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, what a game last night. We'll get 'em next time!

LET'S GO PENS!

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll say - I was watching on DVR delay after Pirates slick win and when it went to 4-0, I started cruising through in fast forward and didn't slow it down until it was 4-3 with about 6 minutes to go - and then had to back it up to watch the Pen scores and then watched TB barely hang on - was kind of like Game 2 when TB came back after early Pens lead. Big question mark is who starts game 5 - MAF or Murray? Did they finally find something on tape that showed Murray's achilles heel or was it just puck luck?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, Fleury was in net tonight and it was a very disappointing loss. :(

They have to win on Tuesday to force a Game 7.

I still believe!

LET'S GO PENS!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, baby! They're coming back to Pittsburgh for Game 7! :yahoo:

I have to admit I was a bit worried there for awhile tonight, but our boys pulled it off.

GO PENS! :beg:

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Those were some amazing goals tonight - Rust's was such a tricky delay shot and Crosby's breakthrough 3 defenders was so awesome - even Kessel's wrong way goal was slick - if his stick hadn't hit the puck I think it would have gone straight in anyhow - fortunately that didn't affect the game outcome or the series or the season. Glad they're back home for the final game - hoping for a better outcome than their last home game. Murray was a stud tonight. Beat em Puck's! :yeehaw:

• Like Like x 1
  20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I needed the Pens to win 16 playoff games to win $4,500.00 on my Vegas bet. Now it's 11 down and 5 to go. They have a great chance to win it all. Even if they don't it's been a good run after they started the season so poorly. They have nothing to be ashamed of. I hope they win the Stanley Cup because that will give me a running start on raising money for Best Friends Animal Shelter this year before I start with the ponies and Steeler football. I've done well for the animals the last 4 years but every year I push the target goal a little further out. This year will be challenging so the $4,500.00 will help,

• Like Like x 3
  21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    This could be a Steel City Champions kinda year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

Ya gotta believe! :yahoo:

I'm so proud of our guys. They played some great hockey tonight.

Now go get that Cup, boys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You're not kidding!!

I was nervous when they couldn't get those yawning net goals to go in, but they played a complete game for all 60 minutes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I dont feel good about beating the sharks, especially without Daley... I hope they prove me wrong!

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So are you saying - "winning the first 3 rounds means nothing if they don't hoist Lord Stanley's oversized Tommy-Tippy cup?"

Tough to size up this final series - they split the 2 game season series - each winning on the other's rink but both were played before the Pens grew their sea legs for that mighty second half run and both pre-Mike Sullivan era. The Sharks split each of their 2 game series with the Pens post-season opponents while the Pens split with the Blues, beat Nashville twice but lost to the Kings twice. Not enough common opponent records to form any conclusions. Those much more knowledgeable than me compare the Sharks more with the Caps and Rangers which the Pens handled and dismissed each effectively but the Pens are unlike (speed-wise) any that SJ has encountered in a seven game series so far these playoffs. All I know is I'm super glad it's starting off at home and I wish the Pens all the luck - they will certainly need it with a rookie netmeister who now has a larger body of work video-wise for SJ to peruse than before these playoffs began. Beat em Pucks! :yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw: