1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by fanforlife, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Jimmy Rutherford at it again, gosh I like his style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    After two days to practice with the team Zucker gets back to back goals and clicking with Sid. Lot better than his thrown to the wolves on Tuesday night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Day game today against the Red Wings. Need two points.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens did what they need to do against weaker teams and beat the Red Wings handily.
    Some good chances to pick up points this week.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Penguins are 1 point behind the Caps with 2 games in hand.
    This should be the week the Pens move into first place in the Metro.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes indeed, lining up well. Could happen as soon as tonight against Toronto at home and then away at Toronto Thursday, at home with Buffalo Saturday and then a Sunday showdown again away at Caps. This stretch of 4 games in 6 days is where the Pens' two goalie platoon could/should pay dividends. :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011

Setting it up for a huge game on Sunday. Time to make sure the Capitals know who their daddy is.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Possibly the most impressive 3-4 minutes all season came in last night's game - Pens were up 4-0 but short-handed 4 on 5 and then a second penalty made it 3 on 5 for over a minute and a half, Jarry was like an octopus stopping everything in sight and then 14 seconds at even strength the Pens score to take a 5-0 lead. Absolutely amazing for Pens and demoralizing for the Leafs. All this without #71. :dancing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Hope Malkin is good to go tonight in Toronto.
    Another big game. They are all big games at this time of year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Clunker for the Pens last night. I didn't see the game but it seems like everyone was flat looking at the stats. Murray struggled giving up 4 goals on not that many shots.
    Pens are tied with the Caps and have an extra game to play.
    Pens need to get back on track real quick with games Saturday and Sunday.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I always prefer trends to streaks so hoping they got this loser out of their system and go back to trending upward. Back to backs will be tough Sat/Sun but Caps have same issue except Sun game is in DC (again). That means 2 remaining regular season games against Caps should be at PPG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens are down by 2 in the 2nd period.
    Jarry is playing bad so far in this game.
    The whole team seems sluggish.
    Better shake it off by tomorrow.

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    As expected Caps traded for Dillon and he is gooning it up today.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yikes!! Didn't think this team could lose 3 straight. I guess if it has to happen best to get it out of their system now.

15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Truth. They need to get a solid shot down defensemen today at the deadline or hope Doumlin can skate next week. Petterson crapped the bed all over the place yesterday and was responsible for 3 of those goals against.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens made another trade today for Marleau, a forward from the Sharks. Hopefully, he will flourish on the fourth line.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to get back on track tonight.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This derailment is downright ugly. Awful sports watching day for Pittsburgh fans - Pirates lost again, Pitt hoops lost again, Pens lost again. Good thing Steelers had a bye. :facepalm:

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Have there been any bright spots in the Bucs spring training ball games? Really sad the Ruhwedel play really good against Washington but Petterson ranked that game. Really need Marino and Doumlin back

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know for the most part Marte was an underachiever and so much potential it was a crime that he rarely showed all he had - last year was good for him and the Pirates had to move him while he still had some value not unlike when they moved Cutch. Unfortunately they prematurely moved Meadows before we really got to see what he had and in return Archer has been such a disappointment. Cleaning house on the management was a good thing, it was time for a new mindset (a team sale would have been sweet) but the way last season ended with the Vasquez nightmare, cast such a rotten pallor on an already dismal environment that this season could be one of their worst yet the way they are looking so punchless in FLA.

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You guys should appreciate this, I got my Mario jersey in the mail today. It's the 92 cup jersey with the Badger Bob logo on the shoulder, the 25th anniversary patch on the other and the 92 Cup winner patch on the right side front. This was the last year of the skating Penguin logo before going into the robopenguin logo and the Gin and Juice vertical Pittsburgh logo. I was always a big fan of the RoboPenguin logo and was sad when they ditched it from even the shoulders on the Vegas gold jerseys. I'll get some pictures of it hopefully later tonight

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The only bright spot I see for my beloved BUCS is I'm going to make money off them come end of season. Heading up to AC to gamble in a few weeks and I'm putting a nice chunk of money on the under for BUCS season. I believe it's at 70 or 71 wins. Pretty damn sure this team will be in the 60's win total come end of season.

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Time for the Pens to wake up and start playing the way they can.
    Tonight is a good time to start. If they don't wake up soon they could screw around and miss the playoffs.
    Time for Crosby to stop talking and start playing better and lead this team to the playoffs.
    Couple of players back from injuries should help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Great night to start a long win streak. 7 goals sure offsets deficiencies on D. I hate that they gave up all that cushion they had so admirably earned when the Caps were tanking. Now it's nail biting the rest of the way. Got the Caps at home Saturday midday.

25. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Only 17 games remaining in the regular season. They have a game Thursday and then a home game against the Caps Saturday. You are right a nice win streak is what they need. Crosby had a good game which is what he needs to do the rest of the way. They are at full strength so no excuses. They also have a home game on Sunday against Carolina. We need to beat Carolina because they are only 7 games back for one of the playoff spots. These are all home games and that becomes important for home ice advantage in the playoffs. Pens are much better at home.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020