1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins 2019

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by fanforlife, Oct 17, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Please be easy Sidney!! No need for ass kicking until the most important 16 games starting April 10th.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    4 pt night still over 20 minutes of ice time and the Captain leads the Pens to a 7-3 but whipping of the Wild.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    After last nights game the talking heads will be falling all over themselves telling us all how the Pens are now one of the heavy favorites to win it all this year. Glad I have my bets in early on them winning another Cup because the odds on them winning should decrease now. Great game by Sid and all of the Pens. If things go as they should Sullivan should probably win COTY.
    This is a well balanced team and will be difficult to knock out of the playoffs.

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like to see Marino win the Calder this year for RoTY.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I feel like a Canadian team is going to win it this year. If sports are fixed of course. It's been 27 years and with the Raptors just winning a Championship.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    See the Penguins beat a bad Red Wing team last night. Their fans must be having a hard time seeing them so bad. I think they had the longest making Playoffs streak which may belong to our PENS now.

7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Barely beat. Pens played bad in the 1st and 2nd. Granted they were on a back to back.

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens are right where they need to be to win another Cup this year. Still a lot of people that are too slow to see that but they will get on board in time. There is always a bunch of bandwagon fans around but a small hand full of us have been behind them for quite awhile.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I went to the parade one year. Just for poop and giggles we starting talking to people and asking them the names on the PENS second line they use primarily in the Playoffs. Not a one could answer it. I'm guessing half the people at that parade were there just for the party.

I remember getting into the PENS when they got a young man named Michel Briere. Family got second row seats and I went to my first NHL game. Fell in love with him and the PENS that night. Had a good Pirate team then and I was pumped about Pittsburgh sports. (Steelers still sucked at the time) Became a heartbreaking period for me with Michel dying and then Roberto. I am convinced Briere would have been mentioned with Mario/Cosby when talking Penguin Hockey.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I almost joined twitter today because the Pens had an alumni clip posted featuring Jagr and one of the 1st comments was someone running Jagr down about Mario giving him the opportunity to come back and how he just wanted more money and took a million more to play for the Flyers. I so wanted to go after that comment because that isn't how it went down. Now I don't know if Mario said anything to Jagr about a return, I believe if Mario asked Jags would say be there in 5 minutes. The problem with the return was that above all Jagr wants to be needed so he went into the meeting wanting to feel the love. Shero at the time thought everyone should be begging and pleading to play in Pittsburgh and if he gave you a meeting and an opportunity then you should be on your knee's thanking your lucky stars. So afterwards Shero comes away feeling that Jagr wasn't really into the meeting and was cold, Jagr left going they didn't prove they wanted me. It was a perfect storm of a F-up. By that time Shero had already become to enamored of his rep and anytime anyone showed any resistance to his way they were moved. The Staal trade is another example Shero thought he was master of the deal and tried to lock him up for 10 years. For a 20 yr old kid to make that commitment was pretty big, Staal balked at it because he at leasted wanted an opportunity to play with his brother Eric and the deal wouldn't allow for that possibility. So while the kid is at his wedding and the idea of the long term deal is growing on him, Shero deals him away and spins this story about Jordan not wanting to stay in Pittsburgh that gets all the fans behind Shero and against Staal. Ryan Malone after the cup final in 08 wanted to know he was part of the plan but Shero was so focused on signing Hossa to prove he could do it that Malone was let go and it hurt the team. So anyway long rant aside I didn't join twitter, life is too short to go tilting at windmills all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yikes! This Sunday started off on the wrong foot. PENS gave up 2 quick goals to beantown.

I try not to say anything negative toward Murray since he helped win a few Cups but I think I'd rather see Jarry in net come Playoff time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Dammit!! Even our own guys are scoring on Murray. Not our day.

PENS storm back from 3-0 now 3-2!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    PENS!!!!! Great comeback after being down to Boston 3-0!!

Now beat my Hockey arch enemies the Flyers Tuesday night.

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Great game. Spotted them 3 and came back with 4. I think I remember Murray doing that quite often in the past where he just doesn't seem ready when the first puck drops and I don't think anyone knows why, but he was real solid the rest of the game. Two moe points.

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
  16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens came out flat and stayed flat against the Flyers. They looked like they need a week off to get some energy and focus back. Their first game back after the break is at home against the Flyers.. It will be a chance for payback.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Back to business for the Pens tonight. At home against the Flyers.
    Only about 30 or so games left until playoffs start. I feel another
    Stanley Cup coming for the Pens.

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Nice win against the Flyers last night.
    Big game Sunday against the Caps.
    Pens have the most wins of anyone at home.
    Ever point counts when it comes to home ice in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    So far so good.
    Pens are up 3-1 after 2 periods.

The Pens finished it by winning 4-3.
    Great game. Beating them at their home makes it even better.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Congrats Murray and Pens hanging on. That game was intense, seemed like a Stanley playoff finale. Craziest 3rd period ever. Pens have to find someone who can end Tom Kelly's season. That guy still gets away with murder even after last year's playoff suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Really tough stretch this week with 2 games against top ranked TB Lightning and another against 5th ranked Fla Panthers. Time for the big boy pants. Still basking on the Sunday road win against Caps. :thumbs up:

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well - dropped the first one on the road against this year's best, the Lightning. Get to play them in PGH in a few days. This goalie shuffling may not be a good thing. Time will tell.

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Still rolling with 2 more points last night.
    Another strong game from Jarry.
    Need to stay healthy.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    They get another shot at the Lightning this week - I'm thinking they take this key matchup in front of the home crowd. Also Pens get 3 more shots at the Caps with 2 being home games. I'd hire Kimo O. to suit up for 5 minutes to take out Tom Wilson a-la Carson Palmer.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure how I feel about the trade for Zucker. Gave up a gifted player who was in Sully's doghouse, a defensive prospect and a 1st Rd pick but got a proven scoring winger for three years. Hoping it is more like Hagelin and less like Brassard.