1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PEDERSON VS. HALEY/TOMLIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikey5513, Feb 5, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Foles was soon to be out the league before Pederson. If foles was so great why was he a backup in Philly? He went to kc and the rams and they both said NO. And tomlin doesn't coach the offense nor is he hands on with it. So explain how he helped this offense that has carried this team perform how they performed? I'm waiting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Tomlin doesn't coach the offense... what did tomlin do to replace shazier which the significance of losing him is comparable to losing wentz? How did he scheme and gameplan on defense to suppress his lost? I'm waiting....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Coaching/defense won Foles first two games he took over but the playoffs were all him, he was dropping dimes out there. Foles gets all the credit for that.

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I said Foles showed he could play at a high level. It's one reason why he receive the opportunity to become a starter with the Rams. Foles proved that he could still play at a high level.

I assume that Tomlin has input in all three phases of the team. The defense carried the team early in the season.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Because his Coaches didn't identify what he did well and minimize what he doesn't do well. It's that simple in theory. Wentz made plays in that offense on athletic ability. Foles did it by checking down and dropping dimes when he needed to. He seems to be more comfortable when given that latitude.

A few of those plays late I was cringing thinking he was going to take a sack or lose the ball, but he pulled it out.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    To be fair you’re right. 6 out of the top 7 got lit up late in the season.

1.vikings by eagles
    2. Jags by Steelers
    4. Eagles by pats
    5. Pats by eagles
    6. Raisins by Steelers
    7. Steelers by jags

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hope you're not holding your breath while you're waiting. You made a tactical blunder there FA98, an embarrassing rookie mistake - but you get a pass with only 155 posts under your belt or perhaps you're color blind - remember this cause you may only hear it once - green font means intentional SARCASM and NOT to be taken seriously by the myriad of hotheads roaming these parts. And don't worry, I'm not waiting for a response. Life's too short for trivial matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Any of Peterson’s agressive calls go south it would be a different story.

My point is once we get a lead we want to be conservative. Then when the other team catches up the we have to flip the script to be more assertive again.

Run your offense the same regardless of the score and what got you the lead.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Pederson doesn’t flash his sack for the sake of flashin’ his sack. Unlike dumb dumb Tomlin who takes risks when he should be conservative and vice versa. Then stands at the podium post game with his canned cliches. Like Kenny Rogers says, know when to flash sack, and know when hide your beanbag.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    My apologies I wasn't aware of that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    True. But the pats minus the sb usually make the key stops when needed. PHI defense did in the sb. That' the problem. Can they make one or two plays when needed just in case the offense has some slowdowns.