1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PAY MIKE WALLACE PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelmatic86, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelmatic86

steelmatic86 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    I HAVE SEEN WALLACE BLOW THE TOP OFF, I HAVE SEEN HIM CATCH OVER THE MIDDLE, I HAVE SEEN RUN A REVERSE, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERN HE IS THE BEST WIDEOUT IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!! SHOULD WE PAY HIM 100MIL, NO! WE NEED TO PAY HIM SOMETHING! THEY SAY HE DISSAPEARED IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON, I DISAGREE. http://youtu.be/Qy1T2YXipUs

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Did I mention that I'm afraid of toasters?

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The two slice or the four slice kind? What about toaster ovens?

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he should get paid, just not top 3 WR money....not Larry Fitz money.

6. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Well - I'm twice as afraid of a four-slice toaster as I am of of 2-slice toasters. Usually I'm O.K. with toaster ovens unless I have had bacon for lunch within 24 hours either way of my encounter.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    mmmm... bacon...

[​IMG]

8. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Thanks for the visual. It's part of my problem, though, with toaster ovens. I eat bacon WAY too often, so I end up getting freaked out around toaster ovens almost any time I see one.

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    we survived with Cedric Wilson, Hines Ward and Antwan Randle El. Trade him for a 3rd round pick and be done with him.

Antonio Brown, Emmanual Sanders and Jerricho Cothery will do fine. Especially if we add a rookie.

10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with you and the other guy that started that thread with the long rant. Do I wish he would re-sign for a reasonable amount of money yes, absolutely. Without a doubt.

Do I understand this is the nature of modern sports and the violent game of football? I do understand that also. Especially when you factor in agents and possible career ending injury.

I also take into account that many of these guys were raised in low income or impoverished households. That is a factor in the big $$$ desire also. Was I VERY skeptical when this WR group started calling themselves "young money"? Yes. I get the double meaning, but I can read between the lines also.

BUT, there are many other positive things to consider that have also been mentioned over and over again.
    1) He's a sure bet now, no speculation or guessing about how impactful he can be on our team. This is more important than cheap rookie salary and a possible bust for his trade/tender.
    2) He has chemistry with this team and QB. hard to put a dollar amount on that. This runner has already hit the ground running. If we had the same playbook (I believe much will be retained) he doesn't need to learn that where his replacement will.
    3) Has been durable thus far, no reason to say he won't be for a long time to come. If guys don't catch him to hit him as much, that's a major factor.
    4) I haven't heard of him being a locker room or off season headache.
    5) I think the one trick pony stuff is BS to put it mildly. The poster guys video above proved that he catches short over the middle passes and just blows the doors off guys who are behind him for huge gains and TD's. He has moves too, not just straight ahead speed.
    6) We can't keep being lucky picking up WR's. We have had one bust and 6 studs. That streak has to even out a lil more. It's just odds.
    7) I don't buy him being soft or having bad hands or the 2nd half of the season junk either. We have/had a crap O-line, a hobbled QB with a so so long ball when healthy, a brainless OC, 3 other great receiving threats and you guys are killing him for a not as dazzling SECOND HALF? Troy, Harrison, Woodly, Timmons, Ben and even Miller have had long and quiet or bad streaks as much as Wallace had in 1/2 of his 3rd year and nobody has made 30 threads about dumping them for 3rd rounders. And they are all way older than this kid. Give me a break....

Sell the house for him, NO... Don't twist my intent. But give the guy some cred and keep. You can't say our offense is better without him. Those are bizarre dots to try and connect.

I don't get the dislike for him. He hasn't smoked pot, hit a woman, done something stupid in the offseason or reg season, killed anyone, gotten into fights or a million other things these stupid pro athletes do all the time. Using examples from our own team! He runs fast, catches TD's and his biggest crime is he wants to get payed more than the average WR. What a crime!!! Talk about looking a gift hourse in the mouth.

I can trading him for another position of need for guaranteed proven equal level talent. That makes business sense. :herewego:

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :applaud:

Post of the week, so far.

(Though the afraid of toasters one is running a close second)

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a toaster which toasts "Steelers" onto the bread. You might like that.

13. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    What does this have to do with a fear of toasters?

14. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I might be able to handle it, if I were out of the room while it toasted.

15. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm sorry, but this toaster thing is a reference I don't get or over my head. Sorry to deviate above...

16. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Just trying to divert attention away from the 1 BILLIONTH Wallace thread, that's all.

Did I mention I like beaches? Except for the sand.

17. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I killed a snake with a stick once...................

18. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I've stepped on my own hand when I kid. That was weird.

19. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Roses are red, bacon is red, poems are hard, bacon.

20. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wallace is far from the best WR in the league. Pay him? Yes. Pay him what he wants? Hell no!

3 TDs in the second half of the regular season with a high of 82 yards and 2 games with less than 20 yards and he didn't disappear? Seriously?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard Wallace is afraid of toasters too and won't sign until all the toasters are removed from the Steelers facility.

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I heard Ike Taylor is afraid of toasters, after getting toasted in Denver. They should make toasters that have a battery back up..what if you're toasting something then the power goes out?

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Aside from "oldschool"`s first reply to the thread...
    Did I step into the "Twilight Zone" room of the message board...
    All Unawares-like?
    Wow!!! :O
    Gotta love the "Bacon Flowchart", tho...
    LMAO!!! Bacon is good!!! Fire is good!... heh heh heh ha ha ha....fire. fire. fire!!!

24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Well, forgot what I was going to post, all yeah,

bacon IS good.

25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they will resign him after the draft.He will be resigned though.I just hope he handle this better then he is right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.