1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, I'll make the due apologies for that. It wasn't said with fans of our sideline in mind, but those of Patriot Nation. I know a pretentious few from that bunch.

Also, Troegg's Mad Elf. I may need to lock the keyboard down when the caps pop off on any of those in the future. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The fish mixed their coverage between man and zone which seemed to throw brady off his game, he even said so in his interview:

,” Brady said. “When you play from ahead, you don’t turn the ball over. You can get a lead and play on your terms. A lot of things go your way. Tonight, we got behind and turned it over. Had to play on their terms all night, and they kept mixing up zone and man and ultimately kept us out of a rhythm. And if you don’t convert on third down, it’s not a good sign.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rs-matchup-afc-playoffs-home-field/943358001/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Of course. It's just like how you can't run without a passing game or vice versa. You can't do zone against them unless you have success with man. Jets, Ravens, Dolphins all had success with man and mixed in zone. I don't think any team has sat back in zone all game and beat them. If the defensive gameplan is going to be a repeat of the AFCCG then there's no reason to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wouldn't be the first time I was accused of being improper.....maybe the most innocent time tough:shrug:
    Sometimes I'm so nervous, I shake....ohhh! Don't look at me......I'm hideous....

5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I do agree with some of what you said.But saying we wont pressure brady or cant collapse his pocket is a little absurb..We have sacked qb's quite a bit this year and he don't exactly have an all pro line in front of him..He just gets rid of the ball fast to a usually open receiver..Timing is everything..that HAS to be disrupted...Hit him A FEW TIMES HARD and he will run around back there like a 40 year old qb that doesn't want to be hit..seen it happen...just not often enough!

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I totally agree with the statement if we deserve to win it we will, if not ,we won't. Either way life goes on.

7. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Working from home today and saw an "interesting" stat on NFL Network at lunch... Brady's QB rating against the Steelers is ~115... his best against any team. That's messed up.

8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    This isn't 2000. The Ravens defense wasn't vaunted by any means. And I seriously doubt Tom and company lose sleep over playing the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I agree with the consensus that man isn't a cure all solution. They are going to put up points and our secondary isn't great especially without Haden. However, I would like then to get physical and rough up the pats wideouts at the line of scrimmage to disrupt the timing and routes, that is what makes their offense tick. Brady releases too quick for most rushes to get to him but if you knock his receivers off routes and slow them at the line it could buy a few seconds to get to Brady. NE receivers are no where near physical, I don't think any of them are over 6 ft or weigh over 200 lbs.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    You know how many fans would love to be where our team is, we are the only team in the AFC thats clinched their division, and only 1 team in the NFC thats clinched, that means there is still 6 divisions that are up for grabs that their fans have to suffer through the next 3 games before they know their fate, we might lose sunday but at least we know we are in the tournament and the putsies need this game more than we do, we are only playing for seeding now so it's a lot more relaxing than needing to win a game to get into the playoffs, we should be more loose for this game than they will be, the pressure is in their corner not ours....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    FWIW, NE only needs to win any one of their remaining three games (@PIT, BUF, NYJ) to clinch their division. They're pretty much playing for seeding, too.

Just to waste time here at work (I'm self-employed, my boss is cool with it)... If NE loses out and BUF wins out (pause for laughter), BUF wins the AFC East (tied head-to-head, but better division record). At 10-6--and assuming JAX wins at least one more game--NE would be in a potential tie for the final wild-card spot with BAL and/or [KC or LAC] (those teams also need to win out to reach 10-6).
    • NE & LAC = NE wins tiebreaker (head-to-head record).
    • NE & BAL = BAL wins tiebreaker (conference record).
    • NE & KC = KC wins tiebreaker (head-to-head record).
    • NE & BAL & KC = KC wins tiebreaker (head-to-head record).
    • NE & BAL & LAC = BAL wins tiebreaker (conference record).
    As I said, though, NE would have to drop all three of their remaining games. If they did, though, their chances get very slim to even make the playoffs at all. It's fun to dream ...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We have to find some way of getting pressure right up the gut either Vince or TJ on a stunt or maybe a huge game from Hargrave.

Did anyone notice the Pats center fire out at the dolphins other DT and take out his ankle late in the game. If he tried that against SUH he would have gotten stomped on.

Then when the fish were in a victory formation the Cheatriots were firing off the ball just like Seattle did. They hate to lose and I hope they get that feeling again on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    That’s good! Although I disagree I think we do have the corners and safety to play man.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Heyward, Hargrave and Tuitt need to get their hands up and deflect Brady's passes at the LOS like Jacksonville's D-line did to Ben. If they can't get to Brady... at least knock his passes down or deflect them for a possible INT.

15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't seen it so nobody knows. Even Bo doesn't know! ..coaching staff said Haden is the only one capable of doing it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will not beat themselves, we will have to beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Juju might not play, were ****ed

19. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    I just hope we come out fired up and looking to kick ass and not timid and lethargic as we have been known to do in the past. Its all right here in front of us for the taking. God willing we pull it off!

20. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree with you a thousand percent. Our defense is no match for them. CBs v. WRs, LBs v. RB we lose both match ups. We might have a slight advantage DL v. OL but not by much.

So, like you mention our offense has to be on their "A" game throughout this contest. If we win the coin flip, we need to take the ball. DO NOT PUT OUR DEFENSE ON THE FIELD FIRST!!! We will be down seven right out of the shoot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    #RevJinx

:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I know I’m being a bit of a jerk here, but I was thinking there is a fringe number of board members who may even want us to loose tomorrow. Then on Monday they can bring back out the fire Tomlin garbage.

Sorry

Go Yinz Stillers n’ at

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    doesnt matter, for 15 years we cant beat new england, end of story

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'd suggest you go join up at the Patriots message board, but with your sissified attitude I doubt they'd want you around.
    With the way you're already expecting defeat maybe the Browns is the way to go.

25. steelamazing

steelamazing Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2015
    for 15 years i believed they can beat em and they never do, saying they will lose, might change my luck, or not ?