1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pats get 1st rounder.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Travlfrk, Apr 3, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No doubt Billy does a great job at getting rid of players at the right time that is for sure. I am not saying Bill hasn't done good in the draft but he isn't no draft guru either, imo. I brought up the last 5 years cause it give the best sample and take a look at the players he drafted there isn't many studs and the roster shows that as it is build either on FA's trades or undrafted guys. jmo

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NE isnt that good at it. What they are good at is acquiring draft picks. Heres a team that was just in SB and has 2 first rd picks now. Hopefully they swing and miss.

NE owes its success to two people. When one of them is removed from the equation, their play will drop off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Another little stat to think about with cooks, he ranked 4th in drawing pass interference calls this year, and with the PI rule change he wont get those big yardage penalties any more:

Wide receiver Brandin Cooks has done an exceptional job of gaining yards for the New England Patriots, even if that doesn’t involve catching the ball. Cooks’ ability to draw penalties has helped them to their 10th Super Bowl.

The Patriots defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship, 24-20, and Cooks drew 68 yards on pass interference penalties for the Patriots. On top of these yards gained from penalties, he had six catches for 100 yards. He has done a great job of drawing pass interference penalties the entire season as well.

He was ranked with the fourth-most penalty yards called in the NFL this season.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Well.. you are talking about the Pats and the refs here.. so???

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Don't care what they got. They still suck.:beee::cool:i

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Patriots QB sweepstakes picks:

They won't get #1.
    They don't have the trade ammo for #2, unless they throw in next year's one.
    They won't get #3.
    They could get #4, but I doubt the Browns are looking to do them any favors, after they turned down two firsts for Garapolo and then traded him for a second.
    They could get #5 and after. At this point at least three, and probably 4 qbs will be off the board.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're secretly a Pats fan, Belichick track record of drafting in the early rounds isn't that great. He makes up for it by making a lot of trades.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I could honestly careless if my team bribed players to play for them. Do they win is all that matters.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Again you must give TB credit, Other than a few years of quality WR's
    he has basically been throwing to lacross players.

10. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I give him a lot of credit but there has to be something said about the system. TB is great, no denying that fact but every time they had to use the back up they still won, no matter who it was. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, they won with Jimmy G and even wo with the 3rd string QB. I'm not saying those guys were bad but it just shows how a good system with good coaching works, it makes stars out of no name players. Basically NE can get production out of just about any player as they have superior coaching, plain and simple.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Good enough for 2 nd place.:smiley1::cool:

12. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    They almost certainly will trade up for a first round QB in this draft in my opinion:

SBNation:

With the end of Brady’s career on the horizon, the Patriots may not have the luxury to mine the middle rounds of the NFL Draft for a player to patiently develop. It appears as though the team will be more aggressive in its pursuit of a new passer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If they’re looking at Lamar or Rudolph, they have the patience to develope them. If they’re looking at one of the big 4, I don’t think they can get up that far. You know th browns and jets are drafting qbs, either the giants or broncos will draft a an if the right one is there, and buffalo has more draft capital then they do to tree up into the top 6. 11 and 22 has a lot more draw than 23 and 31, damn the second rounders.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't forget about Arizona.

15. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    They just dont have the draft picks to move up to top 5 without trading their future picks.