1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots Signed Cam Newton

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Jun 28, 2020.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm saying you hyping the weapons up as if they are gamechanging. They are at the bottom half of the league. We dont have anyone top ten at any skill position except qb but the ben we will see next year remains to be a question mark.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Once again you are putting words in my mouth trying to imply that I am saying that they were not good. They had a very good defence, particularly in the secondary, what I was saying was that they were a bit overrated.

And it wasn’t a few outliers. Every team they played with a winning record beat them with the exception of the Bills, a division opponent that they have owned forever, and the Eagles that were going through an epic injury meltdown. If the Pats had even an average schedule they‘d have lost more games and conceded more points. They had one of the easiest schedules in football and I think it made them look a bit better than they were. That is all I am saying.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Nobody discussing Marsha's late season collapse? :hmm:

Father time is after him imo.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hes done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not hyping them up, you said the Steelers and New England weapons were both bad, I said the Steelers weapons are better than the Patriots. The Steelers weapons will be around the top 15 this season IMO.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No. Chiefs, saints, bucs, cowboys, 49ers, ravens, texans, vikings, cards, falcons, packers, browns, eagles, seahawks, titans, broncos, etc.. i can go on

And again they are both BAD. Both are bottom of the barrel offenses.

7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    When was the last time Big Ben had a bottom of the barrel offense? Chances are your reaching with this statement.

AB's first season starting, no more Hines
    Ben missed 3 games

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    With the Steelers having a good defense, that will help the offense with more opportunities and shorter fields to score. Ben has two new redzone targets in Ebron, and Claypool, the offense will be just fine. Diontae will have a better season in 2020 playing with a real QB, JuJu and Conner will have bounce back seasons.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    When was a time in his career he didnt have a litter of pro bowl caliber weapons?

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its been proven if you're that guy at receiver you can ball with a bad qb. And that won't make the offense better if aint good. NE defense did the same thing last yr and the offense still couldn't score. They can't turn water into wine.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Never. Want to know why? Because Ben makes sure they see the probowl. :hehehe:

This is easy.

2012 probowler
    Heath Miller

nonprobowler: elite AB (what happened?)

Trgts:
    HM-101
    AB- 106

Rec:
    HM- 71
    AB- 66

TDS:
    HM- 8
    AB- 5

Yds:
    HM- 816
    AB- 787

Long:
    AB- 60 :clapping:

HM- 43 :zombie:

Fmb:
    HM- nil
    AB- 4

Stats from profootball reference

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Bad QB play is one thing, what the Steelers has last year was another. Duck and Mason were completely lost under center quite frankly, couldn’t read coverages or recognise blitzes, couldn’t make changes at the line etc. They were just so easy to play against.

Having an experienced, professional QB has to improve things, even if Ben isn’t quite the same.

As for the skill position players, they have a boom or bust look about them.
    We know Juju, Conner and Ebron have pro bowl ability but all had injuries and down years in 2019, Washington and Dionte have good potential, Vance can contribute. They need a couple of the above to play well and at least one to have a career or breakout year.

PFF have the OLine as the 9th best in football in spite of their supposed poor performance. If they can perform at even an average level and the run game gets going then I’d be hopeful that the offence can do enough to keep then in most games. The defence should be top 10, probably even top 5.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    DJ is going to be a star. By your own statement, look what he did with Rudolph and Duck throwing to him in his rookie year.

It’s pretty easy to see his potential when he’s out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So.....

Jerry Rice cannot?! I mean, he did play with two HOF QBs in his prime. Just curious here.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    AB ballin with Lol Jones? I must have missed it.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He made all pro in Oakland.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    With Rich Gannon at QB. You know, the 2002 league MVP?

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

.... Rich Gannon is an NFL MVP.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Great as they were montana, young, and Gannon all only won league mvps when jerry rice was lining up outside for them. Hes the only common denominator between the 3 :shrug:

Also in 1986 montana got hurt in week 1 and only played in 7 full games that year. He had 15 tds that year and 9 of them were without montana. He was killing it with Jeff kemp and Mike moroski.

Quote from kemp:"I didn't have the whole offense mastered, but Bill emphasized a lot of play-action passes and I could throw deep, so we did that and Jerry caught eight touchdowns in the six games I played and a bunch of them were on bombs," Kemp said.

Stop acting like rice is only successful cause of who threw him the ball lol and trying to analogize him with boo boo. Boo boo couldnt hold Jerry's left pink finger.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Meanwhile at the Bills complex...

:frustrated:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He wasn’t killing it with Moroski, in two games he had 49 yards and 44 yards. Even had some 50 yard clunkers with Kemp but also some very good games with him.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No reciever is going to have 100 yards games and multiple td games every single week of a season. Just like in 2007 moss caught 23 tds on the season and had a game where he didnt get over 100 yards or score any tds and brady played. It happens. But for the totality of it jerry balled out without montana and again hes the common denominator between all those 3 qbs league mvps. They put up their best statistical seasons with him. Just like it aint a coincidence brady never won a league mvp without moss or gronk and his best statisticalseason by far was 2007 where HALF his tds went to moss lmao.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Show me a HOF receiver that got there with the likes of Moroski throwing him the ball.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He only started like 9 games in his career.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    D. Hopkins was a great example for your argument. He has never really had a great QB, Watson is the only one.