1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots 2004?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rivets, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Rivets

Rivets Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Anyone else remember 2004 when we beat the Patriots and the Eagles at home back to back, and ended the undefeateds? I know the patriots were cheating then, but I could help think of the parallel, to then. I would be sick to my stomach the whole game if we met them again in the Playoffs, basically remembering what happened then. Anyone else thinking of that?

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes. But,I think everyone has figured the Patsies out.There still a good team,But unless they cheat again,I don't think there going anywhere.I would love to see our boys play them come playoff time.We got cheated in those playoff games with them.
    GO STEELERS!!

3. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I thought about it all weekend. That was sooooo sweet, that game. Sooo sweet!!

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah that was a great run. But, that was Ben's rookie year and I think he was a little star struck in the post season lights and wasn't good enough to overcome the CHEATING. If they weren't cheating then who knows the outcome. Plus, they didn't have an awful defense then either. A masterful game plan will be needed against the cheaters if we see them again in the playoffs though. No more FG's in the red area...

5. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The sad part is, with them getting caught cheating, it wont put a damper on the votes when it comes to the HOF. Belichick will be a 1st balloter and it will be sickening.

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Has anyone in the media EVER questioned how Belicheck was voted "Coach of the year" in the same season he was cought and fined for CHEATING by the league!!!

How the hell does that happen? I don't care if he went undefeated (which he didn't, epic loss in the SB, hahahaha). There was something fishy there. Especially since if my memory serves me they were accused of the same thin a season or two before by Green Bay. Anyone remember this?

They were blocking radio frequencies in their stadium against opponents for years also.

Remember when the Colts were pumping in crowd noise against us in 2005 on monday night and the CD started skipping? How did they not get fined for that?

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I did think about this, but as uneasy as it made me feel... I just really loved beating the Bellicheat and clubbing Marcia!

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I too thought of the 04 season :(
    Hopefully we can prove that the Steelers are the exception to history (except the part where we win lots of trophies).

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, thought about it. Won't be easy defeating N.E. twice in the same year. But now that we have a formula for stopping them I feel more confident if we see them again. :towel:

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You have to remember this is the same league that had Farve as the two time MVP the year he admitted to being addicted to painkillers and alcohol. Not exactly the squeaky clean image you want your MVP to have in today's watered down family friendly NFL.

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    They still have copies of ALL the tapes. DOGDELL was not given them all. Anyone who thinks billicheat doesn't have copies is nuts.
    I think Coach T will have new signals if we play the cheats again :swordsman: :herewego!:

12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    See my post 6 below yours

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah I don't believe he gave up all the tapes nor do I think he stopped anything since the tapegate scandal. The man is almost OCD about film and breaking it down heck his arrogance after it was made public that he would apologize and then claimed he made no such promise since he didn't do anything wrong was proof enough to me that he still is doing it.