1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Packers LB Hawk flicks off team last week.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by kwebste6, Oct 18, 2011.

1. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but i fiqured it would be interesting to debate. Heres a link to more of the story.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nning-joke

Will be interesting to see if the Godell will fine him for this. If it was a Steeler player that did this then im sure he would have had a fine waiting for him monday morning. I personally think he should be fined. Any other thoughts?

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think he'll get fined even though he says it was a joke.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Non issue for me. He did it to his own team, it's obviously a joke. But, it was caught on camera so yeah, I expect he will be fined.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Perhaps Harrison should have said his hits were a joke as well - "I didn't mean to decapitate Josh Cribbs, it's just an in-joke we have over the size of his head..."

In all seriousness, it's all a bit of fuss over nothing. I wouldn't be surprised, or particularly upset, if Hawk just got a talking to from the coach.

5. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The only thing I care about with regards to the Packers is seeing someone torch them soon. Rodgers seems like a decent guy but seeing him do his championship belt signature move after a score is getting annoying! :glare:

6. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't see the problem. He was only telling his team that he was #1 :grin: On a serious note he'll probably get some kind of fine but since the gesture was towards his own team it's not like he was taunting anyone so no harm no foul IMO

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Rodgers, but the belt move is lame and very played out. But that doesn't annoy me nearly as much as Holmes first down move :butcher: Last weeks game he gets tackled out of bounds, he scurries back to the field of play, ducks and weaves some people to get in position and does his move :roll: It's pathetic Holmes, time to find a new move.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:
    Not as bad as the stupid flying Jet thing. :frustrated:

9. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :amen:

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If AJ had done it to fans, or the opposing team, it would be an issue.

He did it as a joke towards his own team members. Nothing to see here. BUT, if it was caught on TV, he may be fined. Still doesn't make it an issue.