1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Packers game…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 26, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Packers beat the Niners on a walk off FG as the Niners left Aaron Rodgers .37 seconds which is way too much time. I don’t like the Steelers chances to begin with next week but I would much rather play the Packers with them coming off a big win like they did tonight as opposed to them losing this game.

Nobody will pick the Steelers to win this game in Green Bay next week and maybe that will work in the Steelers favor. These are the kinds of games over the years where for whatever reason Tomlin gets his teams to show up and play well and sometimes win when nobody gives them a chance in hell of doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m starting to think NFC games are worthless.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This is by far the worst team I’ve ever seen ben on. No way in hell we beat Green Bay at their house with this offense, and butler only has 10/11 first rounders on defense so they will stink too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The worst team you have ever seen Big Ben on?! I believe it is the other way around..... sans some semantic changes. This is the worst Big Ben has ever looked.... EVER.

I do agree about your final assessment about us not winning though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If the Steelers couldn't game plan and rally the squad to beat the Bengals at home, the Cheerleader is not going to have the pompons waving hard enough to win in Green Bay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    (No way in hell we beat Green Bay at their house with this offense) i would bet Buffalo was saying the same thing week 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sorry some of what I say is tongue in cheek(is that the word?lol)

I feel Ben is just trying too hard at this point to succeed. Trying to rely on past physical tools like no huddle, deep passes, etc and keeps forcing it over and over hoping it sticks. He was backyard Ben. He shrugged defenders, found open receivers and broke plays down.

sadly he can’t do 75% of what he used to. We have no answer this season honestly, I think injuries basically ended it before it started. With that being said I never felt we were going all the way. I just wanted to see some Harris and gritty defense.

More and more the old model blueprint of the past is slowly fading. Run the ball and stop the run is great and all, but like you’ve said you need to be balanced.

Back to the 10/11 first rounder comment. Why does it seem like some teams have less talent on D and manage better at times. I’ll give butler a pass for now

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh no!!! I understood what you said perfectly!! Just wanted to add on!! Did not use the correct semantics there when I said it being the other way around!!

Regarding the Butler comment?!?! That actually can be just about every NFL Defensive Coordinator now. Having talent on a Defense is key yes but having tremendous amounts seem like the only major aspect to win!! Now, I would not say as much as that many first rounders as, that still is quite a ridiculous number but having great amounts of it surely helps in the modern NFL where Defenses..... just simply are in quite a bind given the new NFL rules.

As for the Offensive woes.....

The issue is clear but the solution...?!?!....

Ugh..... yikes to that! :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    That's literally the Steelers identity under Tomlin.

Lose the games no one thinks you can lose, and get up for and win the games when no one thinks you have a chance.

That being said... They don't have the talent this time. At least in previous years the o-line could run and pass block. Defense is going to need several turnovers to pull this one out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hence his worst team ever. The issue should be better after our pups learn to block for our new qb. Ben is not the offensive problem currently, it will probably take him getting hurt for the truth to surface.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    They have zero chance of winning this game or just about any other game appreciate the positivity though

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Tomlin and staff need to be gone yesterday their time has come and gone also Ben your out. Play out the year then clean house they are light years away from competing. One of the bottom teams in NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t expect the Steelers to win in GB either but I don’t think they will get blown out either. It will be a competitive game. Hopefully Watt and Highsmith are both back next week. I think this game will be a lot closer then people think. It won’t be a blowout.

14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Strange but i have this erie feeling the Steelers just might edge out the Packers!! I know right!! but, a desperate team is a dangerous team!! Of course we need to get Watt, Haden, juju, Highsmith back in the line up to have any chane of sniffing a W!! This team got totally embarrassed and humiliated last game what better way to make things right and to get that, bad taste out your mouth than to go into a hostile environment like Green Bay and knock off a power house like the Packers!! It has been done and can be done if Green Bay sleeps on the Steelers it will take every once of grit and guts but it can happpen!! Any opportuned Sunday!! Go Steelers!!

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We’ll crush them. They suck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I picked the Steelers and I’m a somebody damnit hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness