1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Overall playoff picture...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure the Steelers are prepared to win a game with the current offense. They are missing their quarterback, their top running back, their top two receivers and their fullback.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Prior to the latest round of injuries, they couldn't get up for the Browns on National TV in a game where they could have shown the world that no matter how much they want to hype the Browns, the Steelers still own them. We were never even in the game! Sad!

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep... Washington and Holton as #1 and #2 WR is not good. It's preseason all over again.... starting 2nd and 3rd stringers on offense.

5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I said this the other day and I will repost it again about how I expect the standings to look in the wildcard race on Monday Dec 2nd.

Bills will be 8-4 they will go 1-1 in their next 2 games they will beat Denver at home and lose in Dallas on Thanksgiving and then play 3 straight games with the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots.

Steelers 7-5- They will win their next 2 games at Cincy and at home with the Browns.

Raiders 7-5- They will go 1-1 in their next 2 games they will win at the Jets, and lose in Kansas City.

Colts 7-5- Will probably go 1-1 in their next 2 games they will lose in Houston on Thursday and probably beat the Titans the following week at home.

So again the bottom line is if the Steelers win against the Bengals and Browns which they MUST do they will be 7-5 and will jump both the Colts and Raiders in the standings based on their head to head win over the Colts, and better conference record then the Raiders. And they will be one game behind the Bills at 8-4 to the Steelers 7-5 who play the Ravens the following week before their game here with the Steelers at Heinz Field on December 15th. So these should be the standings here in about 12 days for the wildcard and if the Steelers beat both the Bengals and Browns I’m about 90-95 percent certain those will be the standings in 12 days.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is absolutely a fair criticism of Tomlin. There is a long history of his teams showing up unprepared for games. It is particularly troubling to see that with this team, which simply isn't good enough to take any opponent for granted.

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And then they will lose to the cardinals and/or the Jets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Well they then need to beat Buffalo here at home and win just one of those two games on the road against the Cardinals or Jets. Then they can lose that last game in Baltimore and that still gets them to 9 wins which should be good enough to get one of the two wildcard spots over both the Colts and Bills who I think both will finish 9-7 and whom the Steelers would own the head to head tiebreaker over both thus getting them in the playoffs as the 5 or 6 seed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The state of the defense gives us hope.

10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Lol, any chance Ben can throw left-handed?

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is going to be tough, I have predicted the Steelers would have to get to 10
    wins and even then it maybe tough. We have to get hot and stay hot.And
    hope we get somebody to step up offensively? Or our defense wins
    games for us.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The state of the offense takes it away:smiley1:

The defense is exciting to watch! The offense is painful to watch!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    8-8 no playoffs would be a decent season given all that happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey groutbrook.

I have been saying the same thing. Mathematically, yes we are there. I am, and continue to be a Mason fan. I was definitely much higher on him prior to the last game though. This next game will tell me some more about him. I know it is the Bengals but we do not control the schedule. He needs to step up his all around game especially his pocket presence/awareness. And yes, Tomlin is insignificant. Always has been. It just took me to get past his first five years or so to realize it.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A new OC would be decent given all that hasn't happened.:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Hey STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid.

I'm curious what got you started referring to yourself in the third person:smiley1: Are the other two of you not as noteworthy as STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid?:cool: Does giving yourself a nick name and using it to refer to yourself qualify as referring to yourself in the 3.5?:this!:

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Stone.

I figure someone was going to ask me eventually (smile). I just was undecided after I initially joined the board as STEELWINDS on which name I wanted to use. I like them both. I grew up with the nickname "The East Side Kid". However, I wanted to stay with the "flavor" of the Message Board by using STEEL in my name. Nothing more to it. Have a great day my friend.

Now for the more analytical explanation. I affiliate football with "Autumn" which is my favorite season. Along with Autumn comes fierce bone-chilling winds at times which in part reflect my internal image of the Steelers. Given that Steel is typically cold and strong to the touch, and the winds of Autumn are Fierce, there you have it STEELWINDS.

Are you done psychoanalyzing me NOW? Just kidding Stone (smile). I was glad to have this conversation with you. For the most part, I invite dialogue of all types here on the Board. This one was a true pleasure to have with you. Like I stated, I anticipated someone asking me eventually. Take care.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Badass pistolero or drug dealer?:smiley1:

19. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think we should be more worried about the Bengals then the Browns truly..
    We ALWAYS look over opponents and everyone knows we have a rematch next week with Clev. So they in fact WILL be looking past Cincy..
    Will it be a tough game this week?? Maybe... but Cincy doesn't want to win a game this year.. they want that chance for #1 pick.. They know they are in a rebuild season (this and next) and a #1 pick (or trade) would help them out a lot more.. And plus, do we actually think AJ Green is actually hurt?? Seems like a holdout to me.. and not to mention they are short on WR almost as much as we are.. They have Tyler Boyd, and after that is questionable..
    Defensively we should be ok.. just a matter which Offense will score first..

20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Always Fists/Knuckles, never weapons. Drugs never ever brother. Badass, when I have to be. I am 56 my friend but will "Throw Down" if need be. Try to use the mind first though. I do not know, if you know that I am teacher. Not too say there are not some bad-ass teachers, there are plenty. I just have to carry my self in a different light with that title. However, and occasionally in life I have to remind myself of that when a fork in the road presents itself with some of the A-holes out there in society. Now, I am done with this conversation my friend.

Take care.
    Hey chuckie_os!

Old cliché' here. We should just be worried about the next opponent on the schedule regardless of that team's record. We have seen how this horror show turns out too many times now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Unless they force multiple turnovers every game, this team just isnt going to win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't necessarily think multiple.. In the Clev. game, if we get one T.O by the D things could have been different.. Our defense didn't necessarily play bad in the game.. let alone the 2nd half.. but I agree we do need at least 1 T.O by the D to have a chance to win games.

23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Brandon556211.

Good Point. There are going to be games that our strength is not going to be able to get it done. It just happens. As my friend stated, What did Minkah do last game? By no means whatsoever am I blaming him for that loss. Teams now have more film on him and his place in our "D" and he was basically a non-factor in this last game. Other components of the team have to bail out the stronger components from time to time to earn that victory. That is just how it works.

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Did you watch the Bungle game in Pittsburgh?

Edit: we do need a healthy Connor to close out the season.

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Glad you asked Stone. I've been on many Pittsburgh sports forums in the internet age and STEELWINDS answers very differently then others. Seems to be a very polite person.

• Agree Agree x 1