1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of towners - You going to a game this year?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Apr 18, 2012.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For those like me who don't live anywhere near Pittsburgh, are you going to any games this year, and if so, which one(s)?

I'm going to the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Detroit Red Wings outdoor game in Detroit on New Years Day, so I figure why not make a bigger trip out of it and hit up the week 17 game against the Stains on the 30th. It's only about 20 hours of driving, no big deal.

It's been a couple years since I've been to a game in Pittsburgh and I'm absolutely stoked to know I'm coming back. Can't wait for week 17. I just hope it means something (kind of).

2. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes. Good friend of mine is flying from milwaukee to cleveland where i live. Then a quick road trip to my mecca, the Burgh. Heinz field tour friday, jets game sunday

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Going up Oct. 7th against the Eagles.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The wife and I are contemplating flying in from San Diego for either the Jets or Eagles. 1st time in Pittsburgh! :yeehaw:

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If I take the kids, it will probably be the Browns or the Bungles. Have to work around vacation time for them, and couldn't see going without them. Been a rabid fan for 40 years, and raised 3 hardcore Steelers fans. Even my daughter loves them.

6. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Wish I could afford to go to the game. I am considering coming into town in October whe the Steelers Mafia is having a party on Saturday night and tailgating on Sunday. I don't think I'll be able to afford a game ticket, though.

7. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm in Cincinnati, I'm thinking about it. Trying to decide which game might be easiest to find tickets to... Also considering an away game.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I have made the trip from Iowa and it was worth every penny/minute. One of the most enjoyable moments of my time there was riding the ferry over to the game. We had about 16 people, half Steelers fans and half fans of the team we played (and beat badly), however, those who were fans of the other team were treated well by Steelers fans while we were in Pit. Made for a great time by all and we will be back!

9. Steel Buckeye

Oct 20, 2011

Mdbates are you referring to the Steel City Mafia fanclub. I was checking their site and didnt see any mention of any upcoming events. Maybe i wasnt looking close enough. Ive been a member for over 5 years now and would love to attend one of their events.

10. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Yes - that's what I was referring to. I got an email about it. If you give me your email address, I'll forward it to you.

Here's what it said:

The Steelers 2012 regular season schedule is published and the Steelers have already started voluntary workouts! It won't be long before the 2012 season is upon us! All that's left is the Draft after Free Agency ends this week!

Our regular meet-ups at the Alley Cat will soon appear on our Events Calendar so stay tuned! The Steelers have 5 prime time games and the bye week is September 30.

The annual Meet & Greet will be scheduled for July or August and, of course, we'll take our annual trek to Training Camp (dates t/b/d). Our annual Draft Day Dinner is canceled.

Mark your calendars and start planning now for our annual weekend in Pittsburgh! This year it will be on Oct. 27-28 for the 1:00pm Steelers v. Redskins game at Heinz Field! As usual, you are on your own for transportation, accommodations and game tickets. We'll host the annual pre-game party on Saturday night, October 27 at a location t/b/d and the tailgate will start early on Sunday morning, October 28! If you're new to the group, this is one event you don't want to miss.

Can't wait to see yinz!

11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'll be making the trip down again this year with a few buddies. Not sure what game yet... Maybe Dec. 9th against the Chargers.

:herewego:

12. mogadiba

mogadiba Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My girlfriend and I are debating right now which game we should aim for. Coming from Seattle, we're afraid to try flying in too late in the year. Had a terrible experience trying that a few years ago. Most flights go through Chicago, which is just to risky weather-wise for me to drop the money. That October game against the Redskins looks tempting, and the Mafia fanclub event adds a bit to the allure. Maybe I'll try talking her into that.

13. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You wont be disappointed. Went there the first time in 06 and have been trying to get back ever since. If you go, ride the incline.

My wife is the only one in the family who hasnt gone to a Steelers game. I hope to change that this year...as long as I get to go. LOL

14. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Planning on the Sunday Night Football game against the Bengals in Cincy. Told the wife to start looking for rooms last night.

15. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am bringing the family from Dubuque Iowa to the Redskins game. The 5 of us are driving out. This will be my 3rd trip, my wife's 2nd and the first time the kids get to experience the Steel City. My best friend and his wife are also coming. We are booked at the Springhill Suites and we are looking for 7 tickets together if anyone can help in that regard. We are probably more in line for upper deck pricing vs. lower deck.

Since I am from Iowa, what is the Steelers Mafia all about and is this something kid friendly on Saturday night? We are hoping for the stadium tour on Friday, Strip District Sat Morning and then on Sunday watching the Steelers bury the Redskins!!!

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im moving back there this summer and my bro has 2 season tickets so im sure i will be going to be going to some games. Does that count

17. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Heck no! You won't be an "OUT OF TOWNER!" :-D

18. Steel Buckeye

Oct 20, 2011
    Just sent you a PM with my e mail. thank you.

19. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Got it and emailed you.

20. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Got my rooms for the eagles or redskins game now just need some tickets

21. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just bought my tickets to the September 16th Steelers/Jets game. :rawk: Will be driving in from Illinois.

Haven't been to a game since 2007 so we're looking forward to it big time!!!! :D So does anyone know if the melting pot restaurant is still in operation in the Station Square mall? Or do you have any recommendations for restaurants, things to do near Station Square?

It will be good to get back to what I consider my home town area even though I haven't lived there since I was 9. Miss the hills out here in flatland hell. LOL

22. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Grille 36 is a must. Bettis' restaurant. Very cool. I was out there 2 years ago and the melting pot was still open. Someone mentioned a micro-brewery/restaurant in Pittsburgh that was highly recommended but I don't remember the name.

Definitely do the inclines, if you haven't. And hit the Strip District on Sat. morning. Open air market with every Steeler item you can imagine and then some. Definitely awesome. While down there eat at Peppi's awesome food and original home of the Roethlisberger.

Those are just a few ideas. I am looking forward to the locals response since I am sure a lot has changed in two years time.

23. Roethlisblinger

Roethlisblinger Member

Nov 8, 2011
    What's the ideal place to stay for games? Thinking about bringing my young son to one of the October games. Doesn't need to be a party area.

24. SteelDomination

SteelDomination Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Got my tickets to the Ravens Sunday night game 11/18, been to good share of games but this will be the first Ravens one & Sunday night no less. CAN'T WAIT. May have an extra available(unfortunately not cheap)

25. steeltx06

steeltx06 Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Texas here. Going to the cowgirl game. :yeehaw: