1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of towners coming to Pittsburgh for the Ravens game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pitbrg1, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Pitbrg1

Pitbrg1 New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Hello Steelers Nation, My son and I will getting into Pittsburgh tomorrow morning about 5am. I know most will still be in bed but, Since we don't have tickets to the game I was hoping to get down to Hinze Field and meet up with a group for tailgating or a good place near there to watch the game.

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,
    Mike

Phoenix.Az

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So you're only going to Pittsburgh to just tailgate and then watch the game at like a restaurant or something? Or are you hoping to get tix but if you don't are you just trying to have a "plan b"? If you want to buy tickets there will be tons of scalpers out there and some have said that even Stub Hub has pretty reasonably priced tickets. Also if yo wait til right before the game starts and a scalper still has tix I bet you can get a reallllly good deal on them. Jerome Bettis owns a restaurant across from Heinz called Grille 36 and they show games in there and I'm sure you would enjoy watching it there.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    If your son is over 21 (or at least 18), there are several block`s worth of bars, about 3 blocks away from the Stadium, directly opposite the main entrance, where you can find much fellowship, and good times!!!

If you just wanna tailgate, I`m sure you will find friends, all around Heinz Field, if you are wearing Black n Gold, but you might have to settle for radio play by play, instead of seeing it on a screen!:thumbs_up:

As for scalping... Don`t wait for halftime, thinking you`ll get a cheap ticket... Tried that before, and all the scalpers were gone...
    Ya MIGHT get a deal right after kickoff, but even then, they seemed willing to eat the tickets, rather, than take what they could get...

Best of Luck!:yeehaw:

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!:

4. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    My first trip to Pittsburgh I didn't find any scalpers but I tailgated and then watched the game at Bettis grill.

For me, just being in Pittsburgh during the game was worth the 9 hour drive from Georgia

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Grill 36 is a good place to watch a game. If you can get a seat. The Tilted Kilt right behind Grill 36 is ok. The Buckhead Saloon in Station Square I like. If you want to watch a game with the locals head to East Carson Street on the South Side. 5-10 min cab ride from stadium. Like 75 bars in about 12 blocks. The place to be on game day!

6. blitzgirl

blitzgirl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    On both StubHub and TicketExchange the tickets are really reasonable... in some cases selling below face value (at least before the fees.) The weather forecast is terrible all day -- sleet / freezing rain, and then rain, so dress warmly.

Have fun!

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Really? Traveling from Phoeniz Arizona and going to tailgate without going into the game?

This I don't understand.

8. blitzgirl

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, and on the TicketExchange I believe you can purchase and then show the ticket on the phone, although I'm not sure. If you can, I'd watch the ticket prices in the morning and see if you could snag a really, really good deal.

I am sure that you have to have a printed ticket from StubHub, so it wouldn't work on that site.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This!!!!! I contemplated going to Detroit in 05 just to experience Steeler Nation in a Superbowl atmosphere because that is as close as I will ever get to that game but weather, money and no one to drive with kinda put that dream on hold. maybe I'll win the lottery

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude I got SO close to going in 08. I was gonna take out a small loan from the bank to buy tickets and me and my dad were gonna go but he already had some upcoming golf trips and decided against it. We own a Disney timeshare so I was just gonna spend the night there and drive over to Tampa the morning of the game and get a ticket and come back that night. But alas it was not to be. Oh how I still kick myself for not just going anyway. However, I would have probably cried in front of everyone when Fitz scored near the end so maybe everything really DOES happen for a reason. LOL. A few months later my dad hands me a bag with a Super Bowl 43 shirt in it and says "I got this in Tampa on that golf trip". I was like "OH! Well THIS compensates for missing the game!" LOL!

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If you're looking to meet up with people from this board, maybe someone will chime in. Not sure if any of us are attending. If you're just looking to join some fellow Steelers fans at a tailgate, that's easier.

Rule #1: Don't show up empty handed. Bring enough food for a large party and/or beverages of a malted barley variety. That, a smile and a hello is usually enough to drum up some fellowship. Decked out in the "proper attire" helps also.

Rule #2: See rule #1. )

Good luck and have fun. :D The rest? Lots of good advice and better than I could give you here already.

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow, you traveled all the way from Phoenix without tickets just to tailgate in this crappy weather (its 5:45am now and I can hear it pouring outside)?

If you want tickets and aren't too worried about price (I assume that's the case since you are flying in to tailgate), go to Hyde Park Steakhouse. As soon as you walk in, the first bar table on the left will be a high end ticket broker sitting there with his lap top and printer. He's the man to see. Guy can get you anything you want when it comes to tickets, but you're going to pay.

13. Pitbrg1

Pitbrg1 New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Thanks for the info folks, we just got to the hotel. I think we are going to get some sleep then head down around 2pm. This will be our first Steelers game together. I went to SB 30 in Tempe AZ. I figured its in my back yard how could I not go. Even though we lost it was neat to see all the black and gold.

Again thanks for the info....GO STEELERS!!!!!!

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I would seriously try to scalp tickets, you should be able to get some upper levels for 80 bucks a pop, a lot of these season ticket holders hate being out in crappy rainy weather.

15. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    The Stage AE. (American Eagle) is free to get into, and has both inside and outside big tv.s. Food and beer also (obviously you have to pay for that).

I usually stop in there with my 13 year old daughter on the way into the stadium, so someone under 21 won't be a problem.. maybe aftrer 9:00pm, though, I am not sure.

One the waters edge, you have 3 or 4 bars, right outside the stadium and they will all be packed. As long as your willing to share some money with people tailgating, you won't have a problem.

By the time you wake up at 2:00pm it will already be in full swing at all places! Have fun

16. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    There are some VERY reasonable tickets still on the exchange. I saw 40-50 yard line last night in Row B of the upper deck for $130. That's probably just about face value for those!

17. blitzgirl

Oct 18, 2011
    Row A in section 515 for $109 each. Others on StubHub for under 70. Wish I could be in Pittsburgh!