1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Out Coached again?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Oct 30, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Everything that is said here is a personal narrative. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it a lesser argument than your own.

2. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    It's a shame that so many around here are too lazy or full of themselves to read "the wall". They'll show up with snide comments about it, contribute nothing, and claim they don't have the time to read it. They'll sit on their high horse and act like their opinions are somehow better, more logical, etc.

But if they would actually read what's written, they would have a tall hill to climb in order to dispute it.

With that being said, USE PARAGRAPHS!! I'll still read every word without them, but for the love of God!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Everyone is indeed entitled to their own opinion. That doesn't mean they all have the same merit.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I read about the same amount as the first. Just another page of blah blah blah filled with more grammatical errors than a first grade English class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Today's thin skinned society might disagree (and boycott the national anthem in protest).

That could be considered offensive and oppressive to say that someone's opinion doesn't have merit. How could you say that? How could you be so hateful and racist? That is a real person with real feelings and you are a racist, mysogenistic, homophobic bully who probably doesn't like puppies and rainbows and unicorns. Do you chip the bark off of trees? Do you pee into the wind? You are the worst of the worst.

Or something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I used proper punctuation as well as capitalization. The one thing I didn't do that I'm guilty of is separating paragraphs. I'll bet you your house I have a higher education level than you, by about 5 years if not more, pick a topic friend and we'll discuss but you can't use your iPhone to help with the vocabulary used, so if you're nice I'll talk at a 9th grade level so you can understand.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparent education does not equal common sense.

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    In terms of the history of the board, I don't think it's any less or more popular than not ragging on him, tbh.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Holy run-on sentence Batman!

That proper sentence structure just screams higher learning.:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Because some opinions are based on fact. Others, not so much. And it is my opinion that opinions based on fact have more merit than those that don't. Do you deny me that right? How dare you?!? You must be some kind of fascist, devil worshiping Pinko. I suppose you'd like to take the vote away from women, enslave people of different races and use children for free labor.

See, it works both ways.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't made any remarks about his wall of texts but I don't read them because he's been a member for a while and we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. It's not worth the eye strain for something I know I'll likely disagree with. Seriously, just format properly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I really think that if we win the Super Bowl there will still be threads here of people pissing and moaning about something that happened in the game. Time management, play calling, being out coached. SOMETHING. It's always SOMETHING! Living your life like that must be exhausting and miserable.

Steelers won. They won on the road vs a good NFC team. Was it perfect? Nope, but it was a win. In the end, that's all that matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It’s also fairly easy to refute what he states as fact. He makes a claim about 8 plays for 30 yards or more from the same formation and routes. Here are two examples.

On their first offensive possession the Lions lined up with a single back 3 wr set.On the play Stafford was flushed out of the pocket and completed a pass deep left to Jones. It was actually a vintage Ben play. He extended the play and let the pass go about 7-8 seconds after the snap.

Their next big pass play came on a 5 wide formation. On this play Jones was lined up on the strong side. He ran a slant and go with Haden in coverage. Haden got burned badly on the route. He gambled and lost. Pretty simple stuff really.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Before this goes south, I want to make sure you know I was being facetious. I respect your opinions even if I don't agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    :thumbs_up:

16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I challenge anyone to find a passionate fan base that does not have different opinions about things. Even in New England, after all of Bellicheats "accomplishments", half the fan base today are complaining about no back up for Brady.
    We do need a cease and desist on the personal attacks though, gents.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Provided you're at sea level between 0-100 degrees C. Otherwise - anything can happen - sort of like on any given Sunday....................... :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    FYI - when you reach 200 posts, the Mods will issue you green ink for when you wish to be facetious, until then you're fair game. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There may be some good meaningful stuff written in the giant wall of text, but I'm not wasting my time till it's easier to read.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    You mean...you mean I can be like this?

Cool!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I started to think this was an opportunity to explain the triple point of water, but some how it didn’t seem Steeler related.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That was my favorite part of Physics class - loved that 3D diagram. :icon e ugeek:

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Physics or thermodynamics?

24. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    There is no denying Tomlin is one of the worst coaches I have seen when it comes to prepping his teams for lousy teams. It has costs the Steelers bye's and #1 seeds in several seasons. We will never know how badly those losses effected them but it is what it is.

This season, I would say he has had to deal with some stupid crap from his players and the league with all the social stuff. Sunday night, Ben kept missing passes and his receivers were terrible other than JuJu and AB.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

And how are we to know? We do not know how much they prep or how hard they work toward preparedness. I never saw bad coaching in the Lions game. What I did see was bad execution on behalf of the players. Dropped passes as an example. Games sometimes are lost for other reasons other then coaching. Bad teams or good teams. Losses are inevitable. They happen to the best. i.e. KC trouncing NE. That should have never happened. Does that mean BB ( perhaps the best coach in football) did not have his team properly prepared?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1