1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Out Coached again?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Well the Steelers won but were fortunate to do so. The lions have red zone trouble like we do and if they didn't we get routed. The Lions were prepared, they had a game plan for Bell and took him and Brown out of the game for the most part. The good thing going forward is a second receiver stepped up and now teams will have to not only focus on Brown but also Smith-Shuster. This is the point you see the difference in teams that scheme opponents versus the "do what we do" attitude of Mike Tomlin. We had no answer for the passing game, Artie Burnt is a joke and Mitchell just wants to hit receivers, he doesn't play the ball. Notice how the lions banged up o-line with back-ups kept Stafford upright for most of the game? It isn't an accident, they were ready and yes, it helped they were coming off a bye but the Steelers have no contingency plans in place for when things go bad. Once again, no defensive or offensive adjustments during the game or after halftime, no effective game plan coming in other than lets run the ball until we get stuffed a few times and then bombs away down field the rest of the game. The other question I have is why does this team fall flat when the make a mistake? Last season against the Eagles they take their opening possession down field and Wheaton drops a sure TD pass and then they miss the FG and that was the start of a horrible game. Now this game the Steelers march downfield and Eli Rodgers drops an easy TD and we get the FG but after that the team sort of sputtered, the defense got lit up, other teams will not go 0-6 in the red zone, and giving up 8 plays of 30+ yards is horrendous, a good win but Tomlin was out coached and once again brought an unprepared team on to the field, the difference is the Lions don't have a running game to lean on or an elite defense but they game planned enough to eliminate most of the play makers. One last thought, our D-line depth isn't good, the defense doesn't not look that great without Tuitt, and the same thing when Heyward gets injured, Alualu isn't bad but Walton is just a hint better than Cam Thomas, remember that mouth breather? The point is if they are having issues why not try at least 1 time to game plan for an opponent? Take the issues we have and find a way to compensate, try to take other teams playmakers out of the equation but it never happens and I still believe it happens because Tomlin isn't capable of that type of coaching, he isn't technical and as it has been said before, he is a highly paid motivational speaker, nothing more. Now beat me up for this, I'm ready!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Blah blah, shut up and enjoy the win.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Wtf is wrong with some people. We won that’s all that matters. We won so no he was not out coached. Did you not see the stat the only Madden and Lambeau have had a better first 10 years than Tomlin? Give me break.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think there is a troll lurking around here

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a comedian who does a bit about people like this. "Dude! You just won the lottery!!" "Meh, I'll just have to pay taxes...."

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Did you actually read the giant wall of text? I couldn't, it all started to bleed together.

Just one?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Stafford is currently 8th highest in passing yards per game for the season, and the 2nd highest is Russel Wilson with only about 20 ypg more than Stafford, so the gap isn't that big. Is it surprising that Stafford, who is a good QB, could have a good passing game? And the Steelers still stopped them when it counted in the RZ.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, the Lions were.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    We won but were out-coached? Would we have lost, we would have heard how MT always loses to inferior teams. Poor guy can't win when he wins...hire Lewis, he might be looking at the end of the season!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lord no I didn’t read one sentence of it. I didn’t need to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    And I believe the Lions were 6th in red zone scoring, coming into the game. FWIW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    No need to beat you up, everyone knows you're nothing but a card carrying Tomlin hater and that your opinion on anything regarding the Steelers is totally meaningless.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Wow Tomlin gets really standoffish when asked about his decision to bench Martavis int he press conference. Looks like hes going to snap any minute.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Obviously since we won we didn't get out coached or am I missing something????

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You do know the Lions are a good team, right?

And they've been good on both sides of the ball.

We won. Against a good team. On the road. Despite their taking away our 2 best weapons, we still won. Despite their very good offense moving the ball well, we held them to 15 points with 2 massive goal line stands.

There are times to complain or worry. There are times to question. This isn't that time.

Enjoy the win.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think we got out Coached . I do think Detroit exposed our weakness . We still have poor Safety play I hope we can get a guy before the deadline.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This, that and the last thing.

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Wish he would get that salty about himself not performing well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    When you have the talent we have and can't make it work, you aren't doing your job as a coach. We got out coached.

If I buy a Ferrari and can't shift it out of first, don't blame the car for getting passed on the interstate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    in the end it all comes down to putting the players in position to execute well enough to win the game
    we won so we either have better players or better coaches
    I don't really care which it is

and remember the coaches pick the players

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The fact we won indicates we made it work.

23. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    oh and if you think the better coach is the one who went for it on 4th and 1 when a field goal would have put his team in the lead I'd suggest gamblers anonymous for both you and him

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    What's up with the 1000 word paragraph?

And I wonder how Joe feels getting his 1st 6-2 record ever?

:smiley1:

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I think there are a number of trolls that frequent this forum. lol

• Agree Agree x 2