1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our TE room is good enough we should shop Ebron

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Oct 31, 2021.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Pack is actively seeking a pass catching TE ..Ebron would actually be a good fit for them so they might could get a fairly good pick for him ..Rodgers is much better than Ben throwing to the TE deep it is actually a big part of their playbook ..

Our O requires the TE to block and Ebron is simply not good at it ..A trade could be good for all involved..

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Actually not a bad idea PWP. Idk what we could get for him... maybe a 4th round pick? Getting back the pick we gave up for Witherspoon. Its apparent that Gentry has passed him on the depth chart. Why not, right?

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Pass catching TE?

Ebron…?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Gentry has been a pleasant surprise. And Freiermuth is a stud who will only get even better.

Ebron is extremely expendable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We need depth. Keep him unless we have a nice player on the pine I dont know about?

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They have Kevin Rader on the practice squad, he's not much of a receiving threat, more of a blocker.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not sure what you’d get for him, pity they extended him with that void year deal. Otherwise you’d cut him for cap room and bring in someone that can actually contribute.

Shopping him now saves virtually nothing on the cap

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think the idea is that Gentry is riding pine but could be a solid back up for us. Why keep Ebron around as TE3 this season to ride pine and have him walk if we can turn him into a pick? Rader elevates to TE3 in this scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Trade Ebron and Bobby April for $2Target gift card.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Muth has a great future, but I wish we have a TE who can get some YAC

11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, I didn't want him at all this season. Might be able to get a 6th or something. I'd trade him for anything in return.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He had one nice run after the catch today. He isn't great at it, but I will happily take what we are seeing so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Calling the Green Bay Packers could be a good idea to start out with. Beyond the Packers... not sure if there are too many suitors currently available at the moment. Melvin Ingram though is the bigger prize and I personally would accept no lower than a 5th for him. If the team can somehow get a 4th... wow.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep I would say a 4th. maybe a conditional 3rd. depending on his performance with them...GB and Rodgers value the TE spot more than most Teams a lot of their play designs are to take the coverage from deep and to leave the TE 1 on 1 ..I think GB would be very interested in Ebron...

15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t understand all these trade this player or that player talk. If anything, the Steelers would trade to pick up a player. They are not going g to get rid of depth during the season. That’s for teams that give up on the season. I’m sure the Dolphins would love to trade away some talent. But not the Steelers.

Just curious, anyone know when the last time that happened? Not trading for, but giving up a player mid season?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s expendable but not sure what you’d get for him. 4th seems like wishful thinking.

5th or 6th maybe. I’d take it but you aren’t getting an earlier than that for him.

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think we will be better off without Ebron. Some others will get more development and I would be fine without Mr Butterfingers.

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I heard we just gave Ebron his walking papers. Unfortunately he dropped them so probably stuck with him.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Shop him, shop everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Gentry has come out now where. If Steelers can get a 7th out of Ebron I'd ship him.

Anybody find it crazy that Steelers ran better with Gentry out there. I don't....