1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Success since Ben's inception... we hate the pats but relax

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Aug 28, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes we all hate the pats with a passion, and we are all frustrated. Let's just take a step back and relax, the success we have had with him, and other teams success since 2004. In order listed.

Patriots no losing seasons, 5 berths, 3 titles (buttholes)

Steelers no losing seasons, 3 berths 2 titles (only other team with no losing record since 2004, tomlin sux)

giants 4 losing seasons 2 berths 2 titles

seahawks 4 losing seasons 3 berths, 1 title

Colts 1 losing season 2 berths, 1 title

Broncos 2 losing seasons, 2 berths, 1 title

packers 2 losing seasons 1 berth 1 title :(

Raisins 3 losing seasons 1 berth 1 title

saints 6 losing seasons 1 berth 1 title

eagles 4 losing seasons 1 berth \ falcons 4 losing seasons 1 berth

bears 6 losing seasons, 1 berth \ cardinals 6 losing seasons 1 berth

panthers 7 losing seasons 1 berth

49ers 8 losing seasons 1 berth

cowboys 3 losing seasons \ Chargers 3 losing seasons

Bagels 4 losing seasons

vikings 5 losing seasons \ Jets 5 losing seasons \ Texans 5 losing seasons

Chiefs 6 losing seasons

Titans 7 losing seasons \ redskins 7 losing seasons

buccaneers 8 losing seasons \ Dolphins 8 losing seasons \ Jaguars 8 losing seasons

lions 10 losing seasons \ Raiders 10 losing seasons \ Bills 10 losing seasons

rams 11 losing seasons

Brownies 12 losing seasons lol

So yeah Pats single handedly cost us about 1-2 titles, but hey every team has their nemesis that stops them. At least we were successful those times Pats were taken out and capitalized on it.

Being the 2nd best team in the NFL during Ben's reign is something to be proud of, especially since the #1 team has a ridiculous HC and QB pairing plus some cheating on their belt lol. Like it or not I truly believe we are a dynasty only overshadowed because of the Pats. With that being said, let's make this season a great one. Let's make it memorable. One more for the beast JH92. I will be wearing his jersey all the way through.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    FTFY.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep. Only if we hadve beat the packers. How different would we be sitting right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The toughest for me to swallow was the 15-1 season of Ben's rookie year where the Cheaters were exposed for the whole spygate crap that they pulled.

In Hines Wards own words......"It's like the knew exactly what we were running".

This is just how good that season was up until that game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Man honestly I think if Burfict hadn't pulled his stupid bullcrap we could have won it all when we lost to the Broncos a couple of years ago. I know they say "injuries are part of the game" and "no excuses" and blah, blah, blah but we all know that's kind of bullcrap. I mean if you don't need star players then why pay them so much if they aren't really special players but are just like everybody else. Losing Bell and AB and having to go in to a championship game without either of those guys would be stacking the deck against pretty much any team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The league just suspended Burfect for 5 games for a dirty hit on the chiefs running back in their last weeks pre season game, the bungholes claim it was a clean hit, of course they would say that they are his enablers..........

• Like Like x 1
  7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've started thinking that the initial ruling of 5 games is complete nonsense. We know that he will appeal it down. They should have set it for like 12 games or something that way he could still appeal but even with a reduction they could still set it pretty high. Although I'm not sure if there's CBA language that prevents such things.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Since it's the second offense for the same thing, it's unlikely this suspension will be reduced, his next offense could be a year or even a ban from the league....

• Like Like x 2
  9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    One can hope...

• Like Like x 2
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A couple of more lists, that reinforce the original posters point about the Steelers sucess relative to the league since '04. And show the gap between NE and everybody else in that same time frame:

Total Regular season wins 2004 to 2016

NE. 162
    Indy 138
    Pit. 137
    GB 128
    Den 126
    Sea 120
    SD/Bal 118
    Dal 116
    ATL 115
    NYG/ Phi 113
    NOR. 112
    Cin 110
    Car 108

NE averages nearly 2 more wins per season over everyone else. The difference between #1 and #2, is the same as difference between #2 and #9.

Total playoff wins 2004 to 2016

NE 19
    Sea/Pit 13
    GB/Ind/Bal 10
    NYG 8
    Den 7
    Nor 6

Pretty reasonable success, by and large.

Of course, it depends where you draw the line..

Draw it from 2007 to now

Pit is#3 in reg season wins with 103. , after NE with 126 and GB with 106, Indy is 4th w/ 100
    Pit is#6 in playoff wins w/ 8, after NE (13), GB /Sea/Bal/NYG (10)

Draw it at 2011

Pit is still #5. in reg season wins w/ 60, after NE (75), Den(67), GB (66), Sea (63), Cincy is next with 58
    Pit is tied with 5 teams for 8th in PO wins with 3.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Good stuff, NE is in a league of their own, we aren't far behind. Not sure if we will ever get over that hump, we are scared lol

12. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    imagine what Bill Belichick would do if he had all the Steeler talented players.

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Teach them how to cheat?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I keep seeing people say this
    if burfict didn't do what he did we lose that game

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    The toughest one for me is the super bowl loss to GB.... we did everything we could to lose that game (turnovers, and GB did everything they could to give us a chance (drops)... and then we had the ball, with 2 minutes left, when a TD would win the game... and we choked.

There are other losses in the Ben era that stick in my craw (Arians abortion vs Jacksonville, Lebeau's cover 0 vs Tebow), but being that close to a ring, with the Ball in Ben's hands.... ugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben lost his magic touch lol, he used it up in the 2009 gb game

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If Landry doesn't come in they never get that pick and that also was all because of Burfict's bull of kneeing Ben in the shoulder.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah the Steelers were pretty much in total control of that game until Ben went out, then the wheels fell off. Almost beat Denver next week too with a one armed Ben.

19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yeah that was a heartbreaker for me. I think Emmanuel Sanders was gonna be a huge part of our game plan for that super bowl then he got a very late injury and we had no answers. That and stupid Legursky missing his block by a mile on Mendy's fumble...:facepalm:

20. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    watched that game with one of my best friends and my son in law
    both huge packers fans
    when we got the ball at the end I was so sure I would laughing at them all the way home :(

21. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Beside the fact of the Pats being very good, they also have had the luxury of beating up the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins 6 games a year for the last decade. Those 6 wins have almost been pre season games for the pats... and assure everyone has to go through foxboro in the playoffs. The AFCN has been mostly Steelers, but the Ravens won a Super Bowl during that time, and the Bengals have also had a few years at the top. AFCN beat each other up by the time playoffs roll around.

HACK

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Pats have been very fortunate to have been in a weak division all these years.
    Looks like it isn't changing anytime soon. They still have beat us when it counts and that sucks.