1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our QB in 2022?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
  2. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd do it but I can't see him and Tomlin getting along at all

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Rodgers would look at our line and say no thanks! Pretty sure he gets to approve any trades on where he goes.

Also not a big fan of him. While he is talented he is kind of a Diva Witch with a B!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    With Minkah Fitzpatrick cashing in next off-season, we're not about to add more big money on a QB..... It's Mason and Haskins next yr, with our actual QB of the future coming in the 2023 draft

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Plus who in their right minds would pay that Cap, and , or Draft picks 2 a 38 year old Qb 2 come in and play with a team with that was being rebuild (at least the O - Line) ???

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    maybe Franch Tag minkah, until we know our QB situation. I'd pay a top rate QB before him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    If I’m not mistaken, we had a shot at Montana late in his career but punted in favor of a young QB name McDonnell. With the D we had, Joe would have brought home one, maybe two Lombardis. In this league, if you have a shot at a proven winner take it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    If Minkah keeps playing like he has the first three games he's not going to be cashing in.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Problem is that Tampa were in a much stronger position before Brady arrived after several excellent drafts and shrewd signing like Barrett

I’m not sure Pittsburgh will be a QB away in 2022, big questions right across the OLine and at both Cornerback spots, the pass catchers are also overrated IMO and not in the same league as Evans / Godwin / AB / Gronk

I am not sure Rodgers would push them over the top

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I’m still not 100% convinced that the starting QB for the 2022 season opener isn't Ben Roethlisberger. With the Front Offices full blessing. He gives us the best chance to win, you understand. Najee and that OL with another year of experience, could be something special with an experienced hand under center (or taking shotgun snaps)!!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Mason will be under center in 2022 with whoever we get in draft as back up.

Do not like Aaron Rodgers and I hope we knock him on his ass a few times Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What if he went to philly

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm very much against the idea of bringing in Rogers via trade. We still need OL help, potentially DL help and CB help that should/will be addressed in the draft. Giving away picks for Rogers hinders the long term big time with zero guarantee that Rogers brings us a SB. One, Rogers could also hit the brick wall and two, I doubt the Steelers will have enough pieces around Rogers for him to be successful. I'm not against bringing in a FA for a two year deal to help groom Ben's successor.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    How bout I come down to Texas and kick you in the nuts?;) That would be a living hell for me. After week 1 all I heard on the golf course was they found their future star QB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah now all of them saying hurts ain’t it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another old QB. He was drafted a year after Ben. No thanks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Next year's QB will be Presley Harvin III. That way they can free up a roster spot for their new 4 tight end sets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No way even in the most hospitable reigons of hell would Aaron Rodgers be traded here. Too old for one and who knows when his time is coming to meet the football form of Gabriel himself?! If anything, @blackandgoldpatrol and his assessment is almost spot on whether that is liked or not. I would rather strengthen the team in other areas via locking up specific players to possibly getting some good pickups in FA.

After that, head towards the draft. Personally, I believe that the guy Colbert seeks is there as there simply is too many signs pointing to 2022 as the year that the Steelers will get a QB. Question becomes in what round as none of these QBs as of yet have impressed thus far.

Should this truly be the case..... work that 2022 Pro Day Trail and find a Franchise Left Tackle. The QB is the most important position in the game...... if he can stand upright often. Having a good blindside protector is a good way to assist him. Now, should Dan Moore progress even more and prove to be the answer there, nab a CB. Joe Haden is not sticking around and there really is no reliable option I see on the Roster that is a true number one corner. Luckily, the 2022 Draft has some very good ones to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
  20. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Yeah if you want to prolong the misery.

21. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Take a look at Joe burrow last yr running for his life before being lost for the season to injury....
    Look at Justin fields 9 sack debut....
    Look at Zack Wilson in NY.... Dan Moore under duress for the last few seasons....
    Look at Andrew luck and his premature retirement and many more........
    Games always have and always will be won up front...... If you take a franchise qb without the ability to keep him upright and comfortable, then you're setting yourself up for real misery

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    It might take these guys 10 years to rebuild a o line because it’s been hot garbage for a while but they haven’t fixed it or invested good draft picks in it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They might have between 50-60 million in cap space in 2022 if they want to spend big money on a QB they can, Minkah will be on his 5th year option in 2022, they could wait until 2023 to extend him.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It would take 1-2 years to fix the line, a few good free agent signings, or a few good draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Didn't take half that time to build the line into one of the best..... 2 1st founders, 1 2nd rounder... 2 Uda's and a coach capable of putting it all together..... How do you you look at all of the recent examples laid out before you and still go into panick mode

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1