1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our QB conundrum

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Dec 3, 2018.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    QB's I have had to live with beside Terry and Ben:

Bobby Lane - Dick Shiner - Mark Malone - Bubby Brister- Neil O'Donnell - Mike Tomczak - Kordell Stewart - Tommy Maddox and a host of other back-ups.

Let's face it Ben will not see another Super Bowl. He is a Pittsburgh hero to me and I will always love him for what he did for us but he may hang on for another 3-4 years and will probably keep us over .500 and keep Tomlin's job secure but not get us what we want.

Then on the other hand he could retire and we could have to wait years for another QB that can give us that year in year out chance at a Championship.

Regardless what happens I believe the Cleveland Browns are poised to very soon become the new beast of the AFC North for a few years anyhow while the Steeler reload.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    So Steelers should just cut Dobbs and Rudolph? :facepalm:

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Just can't get my head around either of them being top 10 in the league at any point.

4. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    How did you leave the great Kent Graham off your list?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    How will we know until they get an opportunity? Kurt Warner was unknown to the world in 1998... now he's HOF. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl as a backup QB. Patriots drafted a QB in the 6th round who ended up being the GOAT at QB. It would be insane to write off Dobbs and Rudolph without giving them a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

And the great Scott Campbell.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Warner was an odd exception, a gifted quarterback who slipped through the cracks.

Brady was a bit of that, too, but he also needed to find the right system and coaching staff.

Foles doesn't belong in that group. He had already had a season that he was in the conversation for league MVP. Sure, he faltered for a while after that, but he had shown the ability.

Dobbs and Rudolph will get their shot. I'm guessing next year is it for Roethlisberger and those two will compete for the job in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 2