1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our political system

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Stone, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    THERE IS NO NEED TO TAKE THIS DISCUSSION TO EITHER SIDE OF THE CORRUPT POLITICAL SYSTEM! THIS IS ABOUT HOW CORRUPT THE SYSTEM IS...NOT WHICH PARTY IS MORE CORRUPT.

As we approach this election which is about to blow the lid off everything you thought you knew about our country, consider a simple fact that points out just how corrupt our government really is.

Our president is elected by 538 electoral votes which are cast by politicians. 100 senators, 2 from each state, 435 congressmen, and 3 votes from The District of Columbia. Since there are 331,700,000 people in the US, as of the latest census, that means that each electoral vote supposedly represents 616,543 people.

If you are a politician and you want to make sure that you, and your fellow politicians, maintain control of the political system, you pass a law that says that politicians (not the public) will vote to determine which politician becomes President of the US.

I'm sure if foxes could vote, they would vote that foxes be elected to determine who gets to guard the henhouse.:cool:

Politicians electing politicians is a pretty good gig if you are a politician.

Sad times!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    More bothered by gerrymandering voting districts and voter suppression than the electoral college

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not sure I know what you mean?

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I can’t see how this is going to avoid partisan political debate by both sides. I’m shutting it down. Appeal to TTF if you want it opened up again. I sure as hell don’t have time to keep checking in to make sure that it stays civil.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.