1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Offense Right Now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    There have been lapses of production this year in quarters or halves of games (just like every other offense in the league), but I can honestly say that I think our offense right now, healthy, is quite potent.

I think Brown/Juju could possibly end up being one of the top WR duos in team history. I also love th production that we are getting from the TE position. I have confidence in all three of them (more in McDonald and James obviously), and they are blocking and catching well.

Conner has been quite good as well, not just in running but also blocking and decent as pass catching. Not Bell, but above average I think.

The o-line has been very solid.

Ben has been very solid. People here whine every time he over throws a target or doesn't score a TD on every drive, but you would say the same thing if we had any other QB. Even "legendary" Brady misses and goes periods of time without scoring. I think we will greatly miss Ben's late game composure and ability to lead late game comebacks when we eventually have another starting QB. This is one of his best attributes.

Most importantly, I have been impressed by the playcalling and play design this year. It seems like they are doing a good job getting everyone involved (though they do seem to force it to Brown a little too much), and there have been some really good new plays called that I haven't seen run before, particularly in the redzone. I loved the two-point conversion play design.

Hopefully the offense continues to get even better because I definitely think that it can carry the team to the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1