1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Division Hopes Still Have A Pulse

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Nov 16, 2015.

1. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Houston went and knocked off the previously undefeated Bengals which gives our Steelers hope. Also, let's not forget that Cincinnati has to go and face their old QB in Carson Palmer next week at Arizona.

Call me an optimist but our Division hopes just got a much needed shot in the arm.

2. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Yes sir we can be two games back before we take the field in Seattle
    With six left to play

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Yup, up for grabs. With a game yet to be played against them, its far from over.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just kills me that we lost to baltimore. I'm honestly still mad and seething about that game. That would have put us in a MUCH better situation. I honestly hope that Ben can hold up long enough to get back to their house and absolutely butcher them. Really we dropped one to Cincy as well. Just so many reasons we should be in a better position than we are but I say as long as we can get a wild card I will honestly be happy.

5. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    post game interview - JJ Watt made Ray Lewis look tiny standing next to him. Watt is huge

needing Eifert to get 14 yards to win my fantasy game - he got 16. good thing no negative yards for dropping passes!!

looks like he got 26, not 16

6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, but any realistic chance of getting a tie breaker means the Brownies or Ratbirds have to put a loss on them too. If that does not happen we have to win by record. We would have to win out (go 12-4) and Bungles lose 4 more. Still seems unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Cincy's remaining schedule:
    @Cardinals, vs Rams, @Browns, Steelers, @49ers, @Broncos, vs Ravens

Tough games remaining: @Cardinals, Steelers, @Broncos
    Trap games: vs Rams, @Ravens
    Can't see them losing: @49ers, @Browns

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I didn't see them rolling into MNF in their home stadium and failing to score a TD on the Texans either lol everybody this year has put up a million on the Texans... what a brutal game to watch. Glad the Bengals found prime time form and bungled it up.

It's upsetting too that we basically threw the game away with stupid picks when we played them a few weeks ago. Definitely should've won that game. The Scobee Ravens debacle blows too because we could be a game back with a chance to tie them (owning the tie breaker too), but now we're in a battle for the two wildcard spots. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, I guess. Let's take care of business and meet them in the playoffs.

9. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    If the Cardinals and Ravens beat them.

The Steelers could beat them and own the tiebreaker?

Assuming that the Steelers keep on rolling!!

Let's goooo!

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think the Rams could give them trouble too.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm all in! This team can do it!

13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    All we can do is continue to win and keep pressure on them. If the Bengals lose in Arizona on Sunday and we win the next two games the Steelers on December 13th in Cincy have a shot to be just one game back of the Bengals if they beat them. Now a lot has to happen and go right in the next 2-3 weeks but it's not totally ridiculous

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's not out of the question at all. However, we do control our own destiny for a wild card, so just keep winning and see what happens.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I really like Arizona's chances of beating them. Out west. Late sunday game. Arizona is on fire right now. They just hung 39 on seattle in seattle.
    We could be just 2 back when we go to play in seattle next week.

Bad part is we have to beat them in Cincy. I think if we end tied, it goes on our division record I believe. Which ours is crappy and theirs is good. You almost need Baltimore and the Browns to beat them, and we would have to win the rest of our 3 remaining division games.

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yep, exactly why all games are important, cause it matters in the end.

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Ben has a 9-2 record when playing against the bungles in cincy, he is 7-4 when playing them at heinz, he is 16-6 against them career, as strange as his record indicates he has owned them when playing them in cincy, go figure.....

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After the Bengals off week they have looked off... I am not sure what happened , but this Team lost something in that off week...Maybe all the talk got to them ? Maybe they started reading there on press ? Maybe they are fearing the future ? Again I am not sure what it is , but I smell blood in the water....

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

In JJ Watts post game interview he said his defense made the Red rifle look like a red ryder BB gun, gotta love that statement....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    red_bbgun.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I don't know that 'blows' is a strong enough word to describe the Raven affair.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The Bengals play the Cardinals away. Rams at home won't be easy. I can see both these games as losses. Then the weather will turn and all bets are off.

25. cbmassa

cbmassa Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not to get too prematurely excited, but winning the division would possibly earn the #2 seed considering the Broncos' and Peyton's situation...