1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Defense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think this is very valid! I wonder if someone can find stats to show who was the target on Ben's Int's? I saw a lot more Int's last year on short crossing routes where Ben threw a rope rather than a touch pass and it got tipped and picked or just plain picked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You won't have anyone post that cause they would rather complain about AB being the problem. When everyone was tearing up Washington I ask if there was clips of all the 25 targets Ben threw to him and all I heard was crickets. I like Ben and I am not slamming him but some of these comments and opinions are just off the wall. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's human nature for any fan base to love anyone wearing their uniform and to despise anyone who leaves that uniform and that irrational mentality is in hyper-drive right now for Steeler fans.

But I would still like to see those stats.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    There is this thing called the internet where your answer can be found. However it will take some will-power, finger sweat & intelligence to pull it off. Not sure if you are the right man for the job.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm asking you nicely, again, please stop?

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

He's come a long way :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unbelievable.....heart of steel

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    You appear to be representing me to be saying to not throw to your #1 receiver at critical times. Not what I said.

I disagree that anyone should feel forced to throw to an even amazing receiver when double covered.

It is a fact that Brown put pressure on Ben to get him the football. For any doubt, review coolers being thrown on sidelines and Brown in offensive coordinators faces for not feeling he was targeted enough. To claim anything else is simply inaccurate.

So the talk about forcing the ball to AB will not stop because that would be misrepresenting the situation of what actually happened.

Mr. Big Chest's idiocity and behavior will continue to be exploited even if some fans choose not to see it.

We will have fun watching Ben's interceptions DECREASE next year with the ability to spread the ball around to not cater to the ego of Antonio Brown. I'm calling it now.

Why do people think Ben came out talking about having multiple #1s at wide receiver? << with no doubt peeing off Brown..

Because Ben was responding to Brown that he was not to force him the football despite his temper tantrums.

This team has plenty of receivers to spread the ball to. None as clutch as Antonio Brown in the moment but they will do well enough. Hopefully the TEAM is good enough so it's not down to a huge 3rd down TD catch all of the time. It's a team sport not one designed to cater to Antonio Brown's ego.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I hope so. He's averaged one pick per game for the last four or five seasons (regardless of the reason).