1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Defense is playing well

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Oct 3, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear all the ...Been on the field 2 long....., but tell me( this is not a shot just a question) When was the last time We....Got a lead...tied the game, or brought it within 2 points....they(defense) Didn't just within 2 drives Give up a easy TD???

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Penalties like that should be reviewable. It was obvious on the replay... the long snapper snapped the ball before Haden and Fitz crossed the LOS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Honestly just having a run game that could churn some clock and gain some first downs would make the defense very very good. The problem is they’re on the field for what feels like a hour at a time. Offense comes out and sometimes goes purely backwards and punts
    And the D is back at it.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    They are not getting enough stops or turnovers. No doubt there. The situations you are talking about are later in the game after the O has several 3&outs and turnovers. For the record, I don't like the DC at all and I wanted to release Haden and Tuitt this off season as part of a rebuild. I didn't want Bush drafted either. Art, Tomlin, and Ben are 1-2-3 on my **** list but there are plenty more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear You. Though those are not several 3 and outs later. Maybe this Week ,but the Week before ...as soon as We tie the game....very next drive right before Half ....Td.
    Week before that ....as soon as We pulled within 2 points....very next drive ...Td. Go Look My Friend.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We'll see as the season goes on. The games you are referring to we had half the starters out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We aren’t getting as much turnovers on defense. Buffalo Dallas and NO are at the top

• Like Like x 1