1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our DB's still suck, nothing has changed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Jan 11, 2021.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, Minkah is a good player, although he does have a lot of holes in his game. Our DB's have looked pretty good most of the year because of our pass rush. Without a pass rush, our DB's couldn't do a damn thing all game long. Ever since Taylor and Troy retired, our back field has been a mess.

This team has no idea what to do with DB's. It's just a mess and has been for a very long time. Luckily we have a head coach who used to be a DB coach. If that's his specialty then we're in serious trouble.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers should keep Watt and Bush and cut everybody else on defense who is not on a rookie contract. Start from scratch.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Haden is still at the top of his game. Game would have been completely different if Haden had played.

4. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Our DB’s are soft. None seem to want, or know how, to tackle. Haden is ok, but the rest can go.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. Minkah is great, Haden and Nelson are good and Edmunds improved a lot this season.

Team was down to one 1st string LB and a guy that had joined the team about a month ago. Spillane shouldn’t have been playing.

With no pass rush, you’d need the Rams secondary.

People try to blow off injuries but, they matter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Disagree about the secondary as a whole. Now moving forward?! Justin Layne HAS to get better as quite a bit of the future of the Cornerback position is riding with him. If not him, Pittsburgh may be forced to draft one as early as Round One this upcoming draft.

Jaycee Horn fits exactly what the Steelers like in their recent Round One prospects. That said, should he do well at the combine, forget it. Easily a Top 20 pick.

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Defense never adjusted to the quick throws baker was getting off.
    They never expected that.

They had a more than decent season, slightly.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know if our DB's had much to do in the loss aside from Run Defense.

Really what killed us in the game were passes to RB's, and that is on our coaches who usually send our LB's on blitzes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And he will own the fact, that he use to be a defensive backs coach.

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He can own the fact and face no consequences for it, must be nice.

11. Alleyboyz2121

Alleyboyz2121 Active Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Tomlin gets 3 0 % of the blame the rest go to the dam players Kobe Bryant once took his shoes off his team cause he said they didn’t deserve to wear them that goes for the Steelers Man U put that black and gold on u become a legend but these guys are so soft and finesse it’s crazy give me a player who is tuff and game our players are sorry cause we keep drafting out the BiG 10 go get some SEC players

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm really not a Nelson fan. Not that he is not solid. But I want my corners to either lock down one side... or have the hands to make some splash plays. I feel Nelson has large sections of plays where he is not even on screen when a catch is made. Scheme? Probably.. but its also because he don't have the speed to turn and run or the hands to make a team pay.

HACK

13. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Do y’all even know anything about football it’s is not the db’s job to handle running backs yes they have to try to tackle them but that is your linebackers jobs. This loss had the least to do with your dbs .

14. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Nelson isn't a good CB, yes he is better than what we had in Burns, but that isn't saying much. Minkah disappears for too many games. And Edmunds, i do not like him, he isn't a big hitter, he misses tackles if he has to make any kind of change of direction.

15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    OVER- rated...Researched the game, grrrrrr that was hard...No hitters or guys who like to tackle...No Ike's or tough guys in the secondary ( Haden is the toughest ) nobody want to come up and tackle and hit, and wrap up...They all want to lunge and tip toe...

Like Ryan Clark stated after the game..." Manziel was running around,up the sidelines, It use to be these QB's either ran out of bounds, or got down...Or got put to sleep "

Used to be tough and intimidate people...Now they're a team of Softies!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Know what you are saying and yes when a QB takes off he is a runner, but today you just cannot get away with that. Not excusing the lack of effort, but ANY hit the refs deem to hard will draw the flag and often a fine. Defensive players will soon not be necessary. The O will take the field against laser tag players from the sidelines. Won't that be fun?

17. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Out of an abundance of caution for the safety of the players, it is probably a good idea.

18. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    One thing I noticed about the Steelers defense in 4 of the 5 losses (including playoffs) this season, is that when the Steelers did not get an interception, they lost. The only game they lost when they had at least one interception, was the Bills game. The Washington, Bengals, and both Browns games, Steelers had no interceptions. If the Steelers defense were healthy, I think Steelers are a 14-2 team at worst. That defense was terrific when healthy, but they started getting hurt, and without a rushing attack on offense, Steelers were very limited overall as a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Everyone healthy we still will get out coached in the playoffs. Ive come to accept it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1