1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our answer to drafting a QB isn't going to happen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Oct 9, 2021.

1. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Agreed, I also think that the money would get in the way of acquiring him. The price to pay may be too high at this point for the Steelers.

2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    CB will be a much bigger need - Pierre looks rough, Haden will be gone.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    After Haden is off the books they might be able to get a Steven Nelson type of CB in free agency.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Buds

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, this is Walmart, lots of them on the shelf.

Or are you talking about the Nelson who’s play declined and was cut?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They'll probably bring in a vet backup and give Mason the starting job. They'll probably draft another QB in the mid rounds. In other words, not that exciting.

I could be wrong but I agree it seems uncharacteristic for the Steelers to go big in free agency or trade

I think it's going to be rough

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree...this is Probably what Happens, but it may not be so bad...We shall see how many of these so called Young studs Qb make the SB.
    All I can say is they better Hope they do it Before they Have 2 pay the Big Bucks 2 them, and that Cap space kicks in... if History shows 2 be true, or Things don't change big time in the future.
    Going 2 Be a lot of these Guys people think are so great.... be nothing but great in the regular season.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I have stated in perpetuity of which criteria is needed for the Steelers to draft players; doubly so in the First Round. I have stated such plenty actually; statements that have been 100% accurate since. I have not the foggiest in what other ways I can state such.

8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The Steelers have one of the lowest active cap spends in the entire league going forward into the next couple of years. I don’t see why a deal for Rodgers is not financially feasible any more than for any other team. He would be coming in with a relatively clean contract that can be manipulated whatever way the acquiring team wants. Money should not be the issue.

The big stumbling block for me is what do Green Bay want for him. You can’t give up too much or you won’t be able to put the pieces around him.

Ive said it before on here, with an average line and a top 10 QB like Rodgers under Center this team is right in the mix for a title. Yes cornerback is going to be a worry but if they trade for Rodgers they should finally have an offence that can move the chains and score points and they won’t need an all world defence to shut out opponents in order to win. I’ll take that all day long.