1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Other ILB options?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Besides Hightower (who I just dont know about yet...especially with him being as big as he is...and slow...and probably not great in coverage if needed)...any thoughts on any of these possible ILBs (in rounds 2-5)?

Bobby Wagner, OLB/ILB Utah State
    Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State
    Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
    James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
    Ronnell Lewis*, OLB, Oklahoma
    Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
    Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
    Emmanuel Acho, OLB, Texas
    Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
    Josh Kaddu, OLB, Oregon

Some of them are currently ILBs...some are OLB (but can play ILB). I've heard good things about most of these guys...like L. David I think I read is good in coverage (on RBs/TEs)...which is a plus. Thoughts?

2. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Bobby Wagner is pretty good, living out here I have seen him play a few times. I seen Johnson play a few times, he is a good tackler and I think will be a good LB in the pros. That Cal kid Kendrick did good at the combine, He possibly would be a nice replacement for farrior.

David is another guy I like. Day before the Neb-Wyoming last year, the Corn took their team out for a movie. Good friend of mine owns the complex, called me up and I went down there with a buddy who loves Nebraska. David was the one who Pelini said to keep an eye on, said he was going to play a long time in the NFL. I have kept that in my mind since then and have tried to keep track of him.
    I think Brown and David could be possible guys who could be looked at to move from OLB to the inside. Hell, the Steelers know LB's thats the good thing. Im sure they will know what to look for. Personally I worry about them scouting CB's and OL.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    don't forget sean spence miami and jerry franklin arkansas.

i think cole is way over rated. johnson is a good backer. there was just a write up on him and his ability to play faster then he times. he recognizes plays quickly and is a good cover guy. so is franklin. spence is more that hybrid backer. more of a myron rolle type. they are crosses between big strong safeties and lb'ers. good in both coverage, blitzing and run stopping. butler was in miami looking at him. :cool:

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I've heard people mention Nigel Bradham before as a good fit? They said he is a 4-3 OLB though?

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Most of the guys I mentioned are 4-3 OLBs only a few of them play ILB...but most 4-3 OLBs would play ILB in a 3-4...(see Timmons)...

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    najee goode wvu he's a smart kid. athletic and can play inside and out. he's sitting here in our backyard. engineering student. good leader. dad was in nfl. would be a solid pick in the 6th round. :cool:

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The Eagles, the most often named landing place for Luke Keuchly, just traded for Demico Ryans to take care of the MLB position. Maybe Keuchly starts falling now.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    SLY Stevenson already on roster, if the Steelers give him a chance.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    so is brandon hicks and ivy. it's not like the cupboard is bare. :cool:

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    where do you think zach brown will go ?

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know what it is, I just don't care much for Keuchly. I think he's overrated. Watching some of his games, I found he doesn't plug the holes overly well. He always seems to be chasing people from behind or from the side, rather than jumping into the gap to make the stop. I'm not sold on him.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that is his game. he's not a thumper by any means. he's more a chase and tackle guy. :cool:

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not big on that. It leaves too much room for error and for extra yards. I want a buy who steps up into the hole and makes the stop immediately. I personally don't want Keuchly. I'd much rather have Hightower or not draft a LB in the first round at all.

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As early as #32 to the Giants, but no later than #50

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. A lot of Kuechly's tackles in the running game were 5-10 yards downfield. He is not a physical presence in the middle at all. However, he is pretty polished in coverage for a college ILB, and that will translate well to the NFL game.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He's a very intriguing prospect. Not for the Steelers, because he doesn't fit our scheme at all. However, it will be interesting to see how he does. IMO, if he goes somewhere where they give him a few simple responsibilities and let him read, react and improvise most of the time, he will be a beast. Otherwise, his game will slow down and he'll be very average.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    sammy brown houston cougars. joe holland purdue. :cool: