1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Feb 15, 2015.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he started the season at LT freak. they had not but two center go down, so they turned to their best lineman and he delivered there. they were out of options at center was the only reason he was moved there.:cool:

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    didn't know that .. i'm for upgrading the tackle position ..

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, he only played 5 games at center.:cool:

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like your thinking Mac.as you well know I don't feel that Adams or Gilbert are pro players.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah if any guy has position flexibility I think it is Hubbard. Really interested in his progress.

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Are you sure he's a good tackle option in the NFL though? Let alone Left? I'm not a great offensive line talent evaluator, but it seems like he is a waist bender who struggles with speed rushers (like Adams and Gilbert). Most scouting reports I've seen on him online seem to suggest that he's played his last down as a tackle. They look at him as a center prospect with guard capability. If we draft him I'd be more comfortable with him at RT (not gonna happen with Gilbert under contract) or at LG (much more likely). I wouldn't even think about him at 22 tho. Maybe round 2?

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    there are a lot of online experts that want to make him a center. just because he played well there doesn't mean he has to stay there. he played at an all-American level at LT too. he's probably got the best feet of anybody in this draft. he's only played offense for two years. he's just scratching the surface of how good this kid can be. not a waist bender as advertised but some pro coaching will go a long way with this kid. just a few technical fixes and with his footwork and smarts will be able to become an even better pro. I've watched this kid constantly for two years now. he's as good a LT as is in this draft. center and guard capabilities would just be that added bonus that comes with him.:cool:

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I honestly believe that OT is in play at #22,
    This person must be mean/nasty, footwork, and be strong. Minninum 30 reps and be willing to work to get stronger. This is by no means my preferred pick only that it is in play.

9. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'll take it, especially after seeing Dummervile beat Gilbert like a drum last year.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you get my drift.

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Not sure of an OT at #22, but agree about the next OT should at least do min. 30 reps. I believe this is what has hurt our OT that we have including Beachum. Adams, Gilbert, besides not having quick feet they are not strong enough to handle the stronger defensive lineman and linebackers. It used to be that the everybody on the Steeler offensive line could bench press over 500 lbs, not sure we have anybody that could it now.