1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Optimism vs pessimism

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Jan 22, 2017.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    im as optimistic as you can get while still absorbing the obvious. Throughout the majority of the 3rd qtr I thought they were still in range. Sadly enough, Ben not checking down... The D not showing up... The refs not throwing flags, etc... This team lived in its fears all day long. I don't want to hear Tomlin say the opposite ever again.

Should've known better, they were set up to destroy the pats today and still got walloped. Damnit!!!

Let's go next year I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree with everything.

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Neither optimistic or pessimistic.

How about realistic.

36-17.

As a fanbase, we can't ignore it or sugarcoat it or play what if games.

It was 36-17 and that's the straight on kick in the nuts truth.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Realistic: we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. We couldn't stop their passing attack to the point that they stopped even trying to run the ball except on the odd play to keep us honest. We conceded everything underneath all the way out to 11 damned yards all day long. we conceded whatever yardage NE needed on 3rd down. Nobody ever even attempted to make a play on the ball. We were so entrenched in zone, that we let receivers go completely uncovered.

Offensively, we never once exerted our will on them. We played scared and tentative the whole night.

This team had the talent to win tonight. They didn't have the tools, game plan, or drive. And the worst is that they quit.

Back to the drawing board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think this sums it up. I'm still pissed as hell at the defensive game plan. Burning mad. It was a failed plan from the first snap.

• Agree Agree x 1