1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Onto Titans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 19, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not gonna lie Ben better be ready. Henry is the best back in the league. We are what a 1 point favorite?

If we can hold them to under 30 we will win. Off topic the other 5-0 team the Seahawks are overrated and not better than Titans or Steelers.

on topic lol

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I NEVER wish injury on someone but, The Titans lost All Pro LT Taylor Lewan for the season...

You would " think " that would be a huge Advantage for Dud, er I mean Bud and the Steelers :clapping:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben and Henry aren’t on the field at the same time.

Titans D just gave up 36 to the Texans. People said Ravens have the best D, they gave up just as many points to the Eagles as did the Steelers.

Steelers D has made every opposing RB a non factor thus far. Watch for an exclamation point this week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Steelers beat the Titans... I will start to believe.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They just lost their LT for the season.
    That doesn't hurt our chances...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Henry is a very different animal than what we've faced so far. The Titans run the ball very, very well. Will be hard to shut him down, although we don't need to shut him down to win, we just need to score 1 more point than they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If the Steelers can bottle up Henry after he's been demolishing every NFL defender and defense, there won't be a back in the NFL they can't stop.

James Conner will be key, if he can out perform Henry Steelers will control clock and win.

Tannehill has been playing great, but I still make him try to beat me, if I'm Tomlin.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah he's one of the better LT's in the NFL, this benefits Dupree greatly.

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We lost our mack ILB. Odds are even as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Steelers will need a complete game this week. I do not believe they can totally shut down Henry so Titans will have sustained drives. Steelers Offense needs to score points and not FGs. I think the Steelers need to put up at least 28 points to win this game. Would love to see a major special teams contribution from Ray Ray this week, I think it could be a game changer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Henry is the real deal, not only concerned about his running, but he is also due for his Tim Tebow run up the middle then throws a jump pass to the receiver or tight end. He usually does this a couple times a year and usually near the goal line. Steelers beware could be this week due to both teams 5-0.

12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Oh Ye of little faith. Heinz are you at least enjoying some of the season thus far?

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tannehill is playing above his average. Let’s see how he plays after TJ puts him on his back.

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not even think he needs to put perform him. He does need those nifty 4 to 6 yard runs he got yesterday, but I also think a mix from Mcfarland, Chase, and even Ray Ray (with wr runs) can equalize the attack and keep drives going. I also think Sp team play is going to be a big picture for the game. Make Titans have to play a long field, get decent field position when flipping field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No you won't

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The Titans would have lost to the Texans yesterday if Romeo Crennel wasn't a moron.

Just sayin

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We're doomed

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Move the chains. Extend drives. Keep the defense as fresh as possible for late in the game. Henry is one of those backs that gets stronger as the game goes on, like the Bus. If we lose TOP by a wide margin, he'll run through us late in the 4th. The best secondary in the league is of little use when a back like Henry hits the second level with a head of steam. And we don't have the best secondary in the league. This would be a great game to break our streak of not scoring a TD on the first possession. And win the turnover battle. Absolute must. We're built to play with a lead. Our offense isn't ready to take on a 4th quarter deficit.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes. But I miss not having Rudolph and Hodges at QB......KIDDING. :icon mrgreen:

Let's see how Steelers do vs. Titans and Ravens.... before we crown their ass, like Denny Green said.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Don't start believin

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to hit Henry in the backfield, before he gets started, it will take gang tackling to stop him.

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    We shut down the best rushing offense...…… no reason we can't shut down the best rusher

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    no you won’t

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    start believing my friend, there is only two teams in the AFC
    that scares me and it ain't the Tennessee titans.

25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I like our chances. It would have been better to still have Bush but I think Spillane stepped up nicely and will be more focused going into this game.

They are going to be having a backup left tackle going against DuPree who is without a doubt having his best 2 season stretch ever and seems to be improving with every snap.

Shut down Henry and pressure Tannehill and the Steelers come out still undefeated while handing them their first loss.

• Like Like x 1