1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Only in Cleveland!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by mdbates2, Jan 20, 2012.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm not sure how often this forum is visited, but I can't help but post a thread here about the Fausto Carmona debacle. Only in Cleveland would a sports team have a player for 11 years - ELEVEN - finally turning the corner to become competitive in their division, only to have one of their starting pitchers arrested for false identity. I wonder whose head should roll in that organization for overlooking THIS one. I could see finding out early in a player's career - but to find out after 11 years after you signed him to a 4-6 year contract worth rather large money for his production? Wow. I'm so glad I'm from Western PA and not originally from Ohio. This area is definitely cursed. :lolol:

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    so I thought he just had a fake id....his whole life he was using a fake ID?

3. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Since he was 20 at least.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Has to be rough being a sports fan in that city :frustrated:

5. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    That's why I'm SO glad to be a fan of Pittsburgh. Moving here from western PA was a nightmare when it came to sports. Their teams are so pathetic, and even when they get good - they lose, or choke, or have something weird happen.

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Cleveland is a joke period!!