1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

One Play

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Jan 18, 2018.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Wow that easy huh? Lol. Except you can't guarantee everything else turns out the exact same. And chances are the Steelers wouldn't beat the Pats twice in the same season. Heck maybe the Steelers would have lost a game to Cleveland or whatever. Or maybe they get embarrassed by Titans in division round.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe so, but neither the refs nor Al Riveron gave up 45 points to the Jags.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    There are always some plays out of 120 in a game that look to be THE play, but a simple 4 yd run, what if the guy misses the tackle and the safety falls down. You can drive yourself nuts thinking like that.

We played a lot of second string QB's this year that resulted in a somewhat pumped up record. Looking back on the season I don't think they are anywhere near as good as some people thought they were. I don't think they are far off being a great team but the drama and distractions has to end. They are professionals act like it, do your job shut the F up, be on time for everything.
    Is that too much to ask from someone who is making $ 600 K as a rookie one year after college then why would it be allowed for a veteran at 12 mill.

I don't remember this stuff with Cowher or Noll but that's probably the result of better control of the media, the sports guys knowing what not to print and the players of the day not having instant media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It's the result of not having the ability to hear this stuff.

Guys in the 70's and 80's talked crap about other teams all the time. They just didn't have the social media to do it whenever they wanted. Hell, guys stood outside locker rooms and tried to start crap.

Porter went on the Ravens bus trying to fight while Cowher was the coach!