1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

One more game to work it out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rhys Lightning 63, Sep 17, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Figuratively and literally.

Nevermind the running game. Flacco is going to constantly see interior pressure. Should we have Tuitt back too by then, not too worried then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Their interior offensive line could give us issues in addition to Jordan Howard. They did give Atlanta all they could handle in week one but got smashed against Tampa Bay.

That being said, Pittsburgh's offense will continue to get better and the defense can shut down Jordan Howard just as they did with Dalvin Cook and Minnesota today.

I doubt Pittsburgh drops one against Chicago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Same lol I doubt it, clunker or not. Raisins though...

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Baltimore is different.

They could be winless and still give us issues.

Steelers/Ravens usually are tough, knuckle breaking games that come down to the bitter end. It is never in the bag with the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup I'm thinking 3-1 after 4 games and I can totally live with that given we have Ben + health

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Division games can always be tossups all over the league really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

True.

However. It is as Terrell Suggs once stated.

"There is every other matchup. Then, there is Ravens/Steelers."

That is something that is not likely to change.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and even though the rivalry isn't what it once was by the time the game starts my hatred for them absolutely rises right back to the surface. I'm actually gonna be in Baltimore later this week for comic con and am definitely gonna take some Steelers stuff to wear when I go out to eat at night just to troll those punks up there. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    That's fantastic. Balt does kick our butt though, it's annoying

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Please be careful.:smiley1:

Some fans are more over zealous than others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude trust me. It's fine. I've literally watched The Karate Kid dozens of times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:lolol:

Okay. Just want you to be safe. :smiley1:

You are a good person. Need you to stay on this board.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    #29 on the Bears is a concern for me next week. I'm not sure if anybody other than Shazier can catch him on defense. Other than that, I see us containing the Bears.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Every game is a challenge. Hopefully the "Take this team lightly" mentality is in the past. With the Defense getting back to the form we missed the letdown possibility to me is minimal. Now the Offense needs to have a breakout game and the Bears are next in line...Oh, we are 2-0 right?!

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Pretty much this.

Add to it: we keep getting told about how 'high-powered' the offense is, but this has become something of a media cliché. It doesn't mean we're going to win by 56 points every week. What it should mean is that we have the depth and range of weapons to score more than the other team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow Isn't that the truth.

17. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Yeah, I didn't really get upset about struggles against a stout defense in the Vikes -- but I'll be furious if we struggle against the Bears.

The pass interference calls may have helped us, but our guys legit beat the defense and in the long run, it could have cost Brown (who I don't think would have had the ball either way) and Bryant (who I think would have had it) a touchdown.

Bell showed signs and the defense was phenomenal.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I NEVER predict us to beat the Ravens, because I know how dumb I usually look lol but I think we take both games from them this year -- we're THAT much better than them with their injuries IMO.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we shouldn't be looking at the ravens game yet. bears first going to 3-0. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree 100% Im sorry but 2-2 is a real possibility after these next 2 weeks.

21. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    :this!:

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Since the Ravens have been in the league... no win is certain against them. It doesn't matter how bad the Ravens are or how injured they are... they can win. Look what happened in December 2015. No Suggs, no Flacco and they beat the Steelers with Roethlisberger at QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Looks like I'm not the only one.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good, you'll have some company when you are wrong Sunday :icon mrgreen:

Steelers have looked good against the Glennons of the league so far. They are a better team then the one that faced him last time.

Im looking forward to when we face a QB on the next tier, get a better feel for how this defense is. I should say the secondary. The front is stout.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Greeting, after reading the different responses, I am so confuse. Let me explain my mind at this time. Last year when we lost to teams so called media stated we should have beat our message board exploded saying why we can't beat less team, this team unprepared etc. etc. This year we went on the road and beat cleveland a young team but divisional team, beat vilkings, and if you a steelers fan you know we struggle against back up qb. we are 2-0 and most important we have a division win. Why can't we just said we are doing good until the offense gel and the defense is doing there job. Speaking of the defense they have early sacks, ints, and pressure. How many people said that in the first two games of any season. To the people talking about KC, Pat (which i will give credit till we beat them), Raiders, and Denver. What make you think they will all make the playoff since three of them teams are in the same division???? plus I guess the bronco's qb is a star cause they beat the cowgirls right????