1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

One more game to work it out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rhys Lightning 63, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    First two games this season, we have been VERY pedestrian and getting away with far too much (pass interference helped us a lot today, as was the fact we went up against a backup QB).

LeVeon Bell is still not match fit and Big Ben is starting to show signs of aging (Antonio isn't going to get him out of jail every time).

Next week against Chicago is our last chance to get everyone up to 100% and if we don't WE ARE GOING TO PAY. The Ravens are going to come into Week 4, with a level of intensity not too dissimilar to the Lewis & Reed days and that defence HAS to be taken seriously. Play the way we have the last two weeks, we ain't getting the win

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree gotta clean some of the sloppiness up especially on offense. The Bears stink and they should be able to handle them next week but I agree if they play like they have these first two weeks in Baltimore in 2 weeks who will probably be 3-0 also they most likely will not win.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Gotta appreciate what the D is bringing. Offense made strides today, but Ben was getting a little to anarmored with Brown at times. Bryant is working his way back. Bell's timing is getting better. Things are looking 2-0...

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If the offense does not improve against the Bears- in what may be a trap game anyway, then I'm going to be concerned. The Vikings though are a strong defensive club with a coach very familiar with the Steelers.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This O will never lead the way we need to focus on taking the D to the next level. We still need better Safety play .If we had that I would like our chances better . Ben looks off and Bell will continue to be off .If we could get a real Safety and a #2 for Bell to replace Ben I would do it.

No one will trade for Bell now though so much for that Ideal ..

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, Ben is looking a little too much with AB and missing othe receivers that are open.
    Haley is calling for too many touches for Bell who is still off some. Like to see Conners with more touches and let Bell work it in a little slower.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    So put DHB to S and we're all set? ;)

The O will come around. The D is better than people give us credit for.

I'm not too worried. We're 2-0, on our way to atleast a 12 win season and an AFC North title.

Just gotta take it from there.

8. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Ben looks like an old, stiff immobile vet down to his last breath. I find myself just holding my breath as he drops back... seems to take forever.

I wish he'd show some hustle between plays or as he is checking off at the los. The others feed off that. He just shuffles like he's sleep walking.

9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    The punishment he has taken over the years, he is a mummy. Barely held together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    DHB would be better as a single high Safety the more I watch the more I believe it Davis looks confused most of the time so why not have a guy who can run faster, who can jump higher , and who knows route combos better than it appears Davis can .

DHB would not be a great Safety in the NFL , but a way better Athlete at the position than we have now . The single High guy is not out there to be a stud he is out there to allow the D to play more aggressive because he has the speed to run down the big plays you may give up being more aggressive.

11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If Ben would simply take the wide open shorter stuff rather than constantly going deep even when it isn't open, the offense would really start humming. Ben needs to finally be the offensive game manager he used to be accused of being. There are plenty of weapons. He just needs to get the ball to the right one on plays.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Please remind me of the last time Ben looked like a mobile QB. Maybe his 2nd or 3rd year in the league?

If you ask me, it's Bell that looks old and stiff right now. He doesn't make anyone miss right now and was never close to even breaking a long run.

13. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It might take Bell and Bryant another couple games before they are adjusted to the speed/fatigue. Bell especially looked gassed when the camera was on him a couple times after a play. And I also didn't understand all the deep balls. I think on one drive he threw three bombs in a row and a couple times there were guys open underneath. Head scratchers from Ben are becoming wayyy too common.

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Glennon has beat us before so lets not take next weekend for granted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I wouldn't put it past this team to walk into Chicago and lose.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Reading it over, this is a pretty morose thread- which I could understand if we lost, were 0-2, had lost one of the key players to injury, etc. But none of those are true. Listen, other teams in the NFL are good too, and have good players who execute. The Vikings have 5 Pro Bowlers on defense, and are coached by a guy who is defense minded and knows the Steelers well. They focused on stopping Bell and Brown, and the Steelers found other ways to beat them by 17 points. I would not be surprised at all if the Vikings make the playoffs this year.

Meanwhile, our main - and it looks only - competition in the division- just lost arguably its best offensive player for the season.

I understand worrying is part of being a fan. I have been a Steelers fan myself for 45 years. Still, happiness that comes from relief of worry isn't the best kind of happiness.

Fire away.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I kept saying during the game thread that the Vikes have a good defense. Although we may have lost Watt today and that's pretty bad. Still I'm not too worried about this game today. We do need to execute better and cut out the self inflicted wounds and we can be a contender. I think the Super Bowl is the AFC's to lose this year. NE, KC, Oakland, and us all seem to be legit.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This Team may or may not be able to beat the Ravens , but they have little to no chance of beating the Pats or the Raiders . Don't think they can beat KC either .

So if going to the playoffs and getting bounced is the goal we appear right on schedule.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    After the game I'm watching, I'd add the Broncos to your list.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The cowgirls are looking good tonight.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Chicago is playing poorly. Jets, Chicago and maybe Cincy are the worst three right now and fighting for the top pick in the draft next season.

22. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Balt players are dropping like flies. G Marshall Yanda injured. Out for the year.

23. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    That's a big one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    pwp, you have no idea who we can or can't beat this year. we have beat the two teams we have played and we will try to beat chicago next week and thats it. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bears are gonna whip the hell out of the Steelers. I predicted this when the schedule came out in April. 2-2 after 4 games. Ravens will pwn the Steelers, too.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3